“Simple Perfection”

Mozzarella Fella
Ranked #15 of 1,114 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Mozzarella Fella is a great place opened lunch in downtown Sarasota just east of Orange avenue. You can watch the owner make fresh Mozzarella, then enjoy it! I ordered a ball of Mozzarella to go and made my own Insalata Caprese when I got home. I also sampled the sausage and peppers which were excellent and a had a connoli which was wonderful.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Mozzarella Fella serves up authentic Italian food in a friendly atmosphere. From the fresh, made on site mozzarella, to their antipasto salads and desserts, every menu item is delicious. Main Street got a much needed upgrade with Mozzarella Fella!

2  Thank Sam S

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Fresh and delicious food full of flavor...Great owners, make you feel at home...they are very clean.

2  Thank jo r
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been hearing a lot of good reviews about Mozzarella Fella so I decided to put it to the test with a large and hungry crowd made up of 2 adults and 3 kids. Everybody from my tough to impress husband all the way down to my picky two year old loved this place!
It had a very small kind of local friendly family owned deli where everyone knows everybody kind of feel. The walls are colorfully decorated with plenty of Italian Pride and the staff is so welcoming from the second you enter. We were greeted with smiles and treated with patience as we scoured the menu. They also rushed to push tables together so we could all sit together and made sure we were comfortable.
They do not have a children's menu but we were able to order turkey & mozzarella sandwiches plain and cut in half for our 6 & 8 year old to split and we ordered 2 large and very tasty meatballs with marinara sauce for our two year old which he devoured. A side of chips and drinks proved to be enough for them all and every bite was eaten enthusiastically.
The grown ups stuck to the classics and ordered the chicken & eggplant parmesan sandwiches with some antipasto salad. Both the chicken and eggplant were sliced thin and layered just the way we like it, the home made mozzarella was delicious, the heavenly marinara sauce (which I could have eaten a whole bowl of on its own) was just the right amount and the bread was nice and crusty but not too hard. The salad was fresh and flavorful and the stuffed green olives were a nice addition!
As we left, we were thanked for coming by with the same smiling faces! You can tell they love what they do and their pride really comes through in their menu and service!
The food, decor, staff and service make this place the real deal! Go and go often! This place and these owners deserve to do well!

2  Thank WMurphy74
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Drove by this place shortly after they opened and I figured it was just another great idea: "Hey honey, why not open an Italian restaurant - there are only a hundred or so in Sarasota County!" I later learned they made the Mozza fresh daily, so I dropped in one day on my way home from work to check it out. Boy was I ever surprised!

This is the real deal. Everything is prepared with pride! Everything. Sometimes there's a little more cheese on top of the eggplant, sometimes not so much. Either way, you tell yourself it's the best you ever had, ever! You want the best eggplant parmesan on the planet? They have it, where the star of the dish is a gorgeously thin stack of perfectly seasoned and breaded cutlets of eggplant. Trust me, if you like eggplant, you'll do as I did and pre-order a full or half tray for your next family function.

This family has it down, and they keep it interesting by offering items not on the standard menu, such as a wonderfully balanced manicotti or a full-flavored mushroom lasagna. Not the usual smothering of cheap cheese and sauce you'll get for the same price everywhere else, but home made fare obviously made with great care - with something for everybody.

Put it this way: marrying a small deli-bistro with the freshest ingredients, attention to quality preparation such that no two items are ever totally the same from day-to-day and a small retail pantry (dried pastas, sauces, oil, etc.) and a little catering muscle and you have the makings of a place that will last and keep people coming back. Bravo MF!

2  Thank TrukFLow
Reviewed December 11, 2012

After eating here for lunch, my wife said that the special roast beef sub with fresh mozzarella was one of the best she has ever had. YUM!!!