“Great Downtown Main Street Restaurant”
Review of Mozzarella Fella

Mozzarella Fella
Ranked #13 of 1,078 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Mozzarella Fella is a great place opened lunch in downtown Sarasota just east of Orange avenue. You can watch the owner make fresh Mozzarella, then enjoy it! I ordered a ball of Mozzarella to go and made my own Insalata Caprese when I got home. I also sampled the sausage and peppers which were excellent and a had a connoli which was wonderful.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I recently visited Mozzarella Fella with my family. We loved the food. The men had sandwiches and loved the fresh bread, quality of meats and of course the fresh homemade mozzarella. My daughter and I had their salads which had tasty homemade dressings, nice fresh greens. The prices are reasonable, we will be returning soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The sandwiches are amazing. True Italian and fresh fresh fresh. I live a few towns away, but I drive the 40 minutes - it is that good. I have also picked up their eggplant parmesan, manicotti, fresh mozzarella, antipasta and their chicken soup. Their sauce is light and fresh. Their meatballs are truly magnificent - I don't know what else to say about them they are so good. I have been back several times with visiting family and friends. Love everything about this place.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Just had lunch at Mozzerella Fella 1668 Main Street in Sarasota. Fantastic food, all fresh. Friendly staff. Had the #9 grilled chicken sandwich with pesto mayo and fresh mozzerella. Yum! Bread is fresh as well. Limited seating so get there early for lunch. Just what downtown needed!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I'm from New York. The thing I miss the most, besides stick ball and playing in the fire hydrants, is the FOOD!

Well wait no longer. Mozzarella Fella hails from New York and has brought all that amazing taste with him. Don't miss this. Good people great food. You can even pick up dinner already made and put together on your way home.

Sarasota's newest best kept secret!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Is it possible that Sarasota now has an Italian sandwich shop (and more) as good as New York and Philadelphia? After 20+ years here, it is actually true and this is a fabulous addition to the SRQ food scene.

It's a small place that seats maybe 20 people, tastefully decorated where you order at the counter and the food made-to-order is brought out quickly to you. A young man was making a fresh batch of mozzarella while we ordered from the pleasant and informative young women co-owner.

We started with the special of the day; Fried Calamari @ $9.00 which was offered with marinara sauce that was sweet, spicy, very delicious or it's available with a buffalo sauce and bleu cheese. That sounded great but we opted for just some fresh lemons and marinara on the side. The portion was large, tender and couldn't have been more perfectly prepared.

I had the Prosciutto sandwich ($9.00) with sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella, olive oil and balsamic. My wife chose the Veal Cutlet sandwich ($10.00) with broccoli rabe, sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella. Hell, we spent 15 minutes just talking about which sandwich was better. See the excellent pictures supplied by a previous reviewer; the food served us looked so good we just dove in rather than fiddle with the iPhone. Once we thought of it, the food was gone. There are 20 sandwiches offered including chicken, eggplant, turkey and beef all with creative fresh fillings.

There is no substitute for fresh mozzarella; creamy and delicious. The bread is crusty and chewy with a soft interior. They don't brag that it's made in-house, but it must be, because it just couldn't have been fresher or better.

They also offer catering which includes lots of hot items not on the daily menu, along with a number of meal sized salads and a great sounding Antipasto. If you work near this Main Street location, treat yourself to a memorable lunch or be a hero and pick-up dinner on your way home.

There is a brief history of the owners on the menu that ends with; "The Calore family has always been committed to using only the freshest ingredients available to insure only the best results." Every word of that phrase is true. We must support this local place that takes Sarasota food to a new level.

They currently have limited summer hours of 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Check this place out while it's still a bit of secret!

2  Thank GymHigh