“little gem in Sarasota”

Artisan Cheese Company
Ranked #242 of 1,078 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Description: We are an artisanal cheese shop, with a small kitchen. We serve hand cut to order cheese from the cheese counter, and we make up beautiful cheese plates to eat on premise or take with you. We also have a lunch from 11 to 2:30 every day with sandwiches, soup, and salad. We have one table outside and a table inside, as well as a counter. We do serve wine and beer by the glass.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I've grown up in Sarasota and just love to see places like The Artisan Cheese Company pop up. Friendliness and a welcoming feeling always take a priority when I visit a new spot, and this one did not disappoint. The owner, Louise is so pleasant and all the "cheese mongers" are dolls. Knowledgeable, courteous and all smiles! On top of the wonderful atmosphere these ladies have created, the cheeses are all divine. I honestly can't remember all the ones I've tried as I've had several cheese plates for lunch with friends, but I have not been disappointed. Lovely presentation, delicious cheese and pairings, and in the summer there is plenty of parking/no crowds. I am so happy to have found this little spot to meet my sister and friends for a quick plate at lunch time! Please note that my outdoor seating took a lower rate due to the restrictions the cheese shop and most all shops downtown have with space. They did the best options with that they were able to work with. I can't wait to go back for my next cheese plate with a glass of wine!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

This is a quaint shop that offers a great lunch in downtown Sarasota. The five cheese plate was excellent, especially the GA Bleu Cheese. The employees were friendly and well versed in cheese. The owner was very accommodating to our group of six. Will definitely visit again when in town.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I am not a "trendy-foodie", but I enjoy good food when I can - and cheese is a wonderful thing. My family and some special friends visited this shop, and we were not disappointed. They had amazing cheeses (we enjoyed the Elberton Blue Cheese (from Elberton, GA) among others) and the amazing Grilled Cheese Sandwich. The staff is wonderful and very knowledgeable about the goodies. Don't miss Artisan Cheese Company.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We visited the Artisan Cheese Company with our friends who were visiting from out of town and had a delicious and relaxing lunch before heading downtown. The cheeses were out of the ordinary and there was something for everyone. The cheeses were served with fruit, nuts and the most amazing honey and bread to make the perfect lunch or snack. If you like cheese, make time to enjoy this treat.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to Sarasota for over 20 years and always keep an eye out for new and exciting shops & restaurants.

We were not disappointed when we visited the Artisan Cheese Company.

Louise was our "cheese sommelier" and clearly demonstrated her extensive knowledge on cheeses. She carefully listened to our tastes and brought various cheeses that hit the mark..the quality and selection was very good and had a fantastical cheese sampling dinner with our friends that night.