“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Don Pablo's - CLOSED

Don Pablo's
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New Jersey
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was our first time eating at this restaurant, and it was not a pleasurable one. The service was very slow, the drinks from the bar took forever to arrive. The sever was not very good, she said she was new, but not new to being a server. We asked from the start we wanted separate checks which she majorly screwed up.
There were seven of us who all ordered different meals, and all of us were not well that night and into the next day. Needless to say, we will not being going back there. I am never one to complain, however this was not a good experience. They need to clean up their act....literally!

Sarasota, Florida
“Craving Mexican - but disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stopped for lunch as my son was craving Mexican. He was curious about the fish tacos and ordered with 'soft' shell - I ordered the chicken quesadilla and a side of veggies. When I asked what the veggies were, the server said, 'Ummmmm, spinach and, ummmmm, some peppers? I think?" I asked how they were prepared and she said, "Oh, they're definitely cooked...not raw." Well, I had HOPED they were grilled or sauteed - they were soggy and in some sort of liquid that the server couldn't identify. I took one bite and no more. My son's tacos arrived with the fish in a semi-filet form, rather than pieces, which one would expect for a taco...and the single, long piece was just lying on a few shreds of lettuce and tomato on the taco tortilla. Service was especially slow, as well. The place wasn't busy - yet, having been seated at 1:45 and no food served until almost 2:30? NOT a place to go for a 'quick lunch'...

Florida Keys, Florida
“Tortillas are the very best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

It seems that this restaurant doesn't get the attention it deserves! It is sort of tucked away from the easy access of Fruitville Road. However, we made the "effort" and were happy we did. We had the most attentive service by all parties, servers, manager, etc. For an early dinner Saturday, the place was not busy, but did have an energetic feel. Seemed as if the staff wanted to be there. The Tortillas are the very best and are made behind a glass viewing area. Fun for the kids? The enchiladas were very tasty - even liked the spinach and cheese. The chips were fresh and crisp and salsa not to spicy. The fajitas were good - but I must say there was not the double order that we ordered. The single order amounted to almost the same meat as the double! However, due to our large order of food, we did have enough to take home for leftovers and they were even better the next day. My son had the beef tacos and they were a little spicy but very good.

Margaritas served in the large festive glass! YUM!

1 Thank camer-always-aready
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“First time here in Sarasota”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was our first trip here since moving to Sarasota. It was quite good and actually better than we were expecting. Our server was very good even though she seemed to have a lot of tables. I asked for spicy salsa and got just that, VERY spicy and delicious salsa to go along with my chicken enchiladas, the regular salsa was good as well but very thick and chunky which is different that most Mexican restaurants but not a bad thing. My wife had a combo platter that she did like and we got our 3 year old a hamburger which he loved. The atmosphere here is nothing great though and the booths have sticky benches. Still, the food was good and reasonably priced as were the drinks. The server was great and everything came out hot and fast. While this isn't the best Mexican restaurant in Sarasota (that award goes to Two Senioritas), it is certainly worth a visit if you're in a hurry and don't mind the somewhat questionable atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013
New Braunfels, Texas
“Rap music at a Mexican place?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

The food is always good however the music is awful!! You're a Mexican restaurant so make it more of an appropriate atmosphere. I'm from Texas and you have tons of memorabilia from my fine state but the music doesn't match the motif! Country would be better but Tejano would be ideal!
Atmosphere is a huge part of the experience!!
And it would've been nice not to be dripped on our entire meal by the leaky a/c or roof.
The balloon guy was a nice touch and like I said, the food is always good but honestly can't handle the music.

• Visited August 2013