“Excellent Gourmet Market but Pricey”

Morton's Gourmet Market
Ranked #62 of 1,050 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Mortons has a very good bakery, great seafood and meat as well as fresh produce. The prepared items are excellent. AS one would expect it is quite pricey but the prepared foods are reasonable.

2  Thank SteveSiesta
There are newer reviews for Morton's Gourmet Market

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I cannot compliment this store enough. When I'm in the mood for treats, this is my favorite shop. The people who work there are friendly, helpful, and wonderful to do business with. They are always willing to help you hunt down your favorite specialty items, like the rainforest rosemary crisps I'm addicted to. I wish they would stock D'artagnon products as fully as they used to, but I find all of my other favorites in stock. I have a good friend who loves Libbys (also wonderful) and I am always happy to join her, so I can sneak across the street after our visit and shop for treats. You can ark in the Morton's lot when you visit both establishments.

1  Thank Pat S
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We just called in to view their range having been recommended. We only bought some beef kebabs. Although expensive they were very good.

1  Thank mc175003
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Not really a restaurant ....so not sure if my category is wrong here? But since it's food related, that's hopefully helpful anyway. The place is filled with yummy goodies and really you wouldn't ever have to cook if you chose not to. You can do your shopping her, getting your diary products, meat, veg, wide variety of cheeses, wines, salads etc etc etc. we wandered around for ages because we couldn't decide which of the ready prepared dishes to have for our dinner that night. Eventually we opted for the chargrilled salmon fillets and they were absolutely delicious! Back "home" at our holiday rental, along with a salad and artisan bread (and of course the obligatory bottle of wine) it was a scrumptious meal. Love this place and wish there was one in Orlando too.

1  Thank the2happywanderers
Reviewed June 3, 2014

If you are in the area this is a must visit. They have special gourmet food not readily available elsewhere. If you are here on vacation stop in get some fine cheese and a bottle of wine for relaxing after the beach! They also have wonderful prepared foods such as the chicken pot pies, everything is homemade and quality. The staff is nice and wonderful to deal with.
Yes....you will spend a little more money but what would you expect from a gourmet market?
We stop in every time we go to Sarasota and pick up some nice cheeses and meats.

1  Thank Jim G