“If you are in the park, do not hesitate to find this wonderful walkway”

Myakka Canopy Walkway
Ranked #16 of 145 things to do in Sarasota
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I return here every year to see the view in the canopy. I have brought scouts, home schoolers and friends, everyone has found something to enjoy about this bit of nature. Children enjoy the shaky yet safe bridge walk. Adults enjoy the information available to read by the bridge, and everyone enjoys climbing up into the trees to see how life goes on above our heads.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

After reading all thr rave reviews on trip advisor my husband and I decided to take my sister in law and her son to the canopy walk since they were here on vacation and we had never been. First off the canopy walk is very small. The view from the top is ok but the canopy is so wobbly due to all the people on it you can't enjoy the view because your more afraid the thing is going to buckle. It was a half hour drive for a five minute walk up a lot of stairs. Also they have a guide of things to see at the top which we didn't see any of. No wildlife or anything. Definitely not worth your time.

6  Thank ah0410
Reviewed July 5, 2013

High above the tree canopy is a view like none other in Florida. You will get a birds eye view of Florida's natural pine forest environment. Look closely and you will see the animals that call this environment home.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Wonderful, vast park for cycling off road through beautiful woodlands and prairies. Stayed in the delightful little rustic, 80-year-old palm-log cabins that easily and comfortably sleep 4-6. The bedroom/living/dining area is cooled by a wall unit, the beds are just fine (it's a State Park, you don't get a mint on your pillow) $70 per night, can't beat it.

In cooler weather I will bring all the food to cook meals when I stay there, as I don't think the AC would effectively cool the entire cabin in this heat. The kitchen has everything except paper towels and food, and only lacks a dishwasher, but that's no big deal.

We were minimalists: I brought enough snacks and water bottles, but we ate dinner down the road near the interstate where there were plenty of restaurants to choose from. And no clean up. Had lunch at the park concession, where the food was very good -- the home-made potato chips were perfect.

We didn't canoe, but saw all ages and sizes heading out onto the pretty lake/river. The gators do live there, but it wasn't teaming with lethal monsters by any means. And it wasn't the mosquito festival we expected. We did not use any bug spray during our time there.

We went during very hot weather and lucked out with no rain but a quick sun shower. Despite the lack of a swimming facility, I and 3 older teens had a terrific time hitting bike trails all over the park. We enjoyed being offline and played card games between bike jaunts in the comfort of the cabin.

I think if the park had a safe, gator-free place to cool off and swim, it would be absolutely overrun with visitors. I'd never leave!

Loved it and will go back in the fall with bikes and good books in tow.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I thought it would be longer...it's much like the swinging bridge at Silver Dollar City. But the view from the tower is cool, and the trail is awesome.