“Nice clean place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Nice clean place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed here to attend a nearby sporting event. It was convenient that it was so close to I-75. Room was clean and wifi was strong. Breakfast was okay. There were many people there when we stayed and I believe the pancake maker was out of order. The front desk was always attentive to whatever our needs were. The grounds seem to be kept up and trimmed. They also had a nice little banquet room that was used for a team event when we were there.They must have added some TV channels but hadn't updated the menu card in the room but that wasn't a big deal. We would stay again when attending future sporting events in the area.

Room Tip: Stay away from ice machines and elevators.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob C
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 4 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East. I appreciate the comments made and the review.

I am happy to hear that you found the hotel very clean and the grounds kept up. The staff does an excellent job of maintaining quality here.

I hope that the next time your travels bring you to the Sarasota area, that you would choose the Holiday Inn Express as your hotel of choice.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, I do appreciate it.

Randy Paradine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for several weekends in a row due to work obligations. Although full each time I stay, the noise level is excellent. It is not a hotel that you hear the person in the next room snoring, or flushing their toilet. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff is wonderful and friendly, and I could not say enough about them to begin to describe how well they treat all their guests. You are treated like one of the family while staying here. Breakfast daily is nice offering bacon, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, as well as the average continental fare. The property is kept clean, and the free wi fi works well without glitches. Easily accessible to all of Sarasota and I 75. Would absolutely recommend this hotel to all travelers and families!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you VERY much for the glowing review and the 5 star rating of the hotel and the staff of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota. It is truly appreciated!!!!

With today's choices for hotels to stay at in the Sarasota area, it is great to get a review like this. I am happy that you enjoy your stay each time you are here and that you enjoy our breakfast.

We want all our guest to feel like part of our family here.

Again, thank you so very much for your review.

Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

When we travel we ALWAYS book in advance because we travel with a spoiled little doxie who cannot be left at home....BUT, we were caught in traffic due to a major wreck with fatalities, so we were behind schedule and decided to stop and rest and go on to our destination the next morning....the first two hotels we stopped were non-pets, but the girl at the second hotel called over to HI-Express to check on availability and to make sure they accepted pets (children with fur). It was late and we were tired, but the check in was smooth and quick, and the young man at the desk, SO NICE....the beds were comfortable, the breakfast, the best free breakfast I can remember...close and easy to get back on highway, really a nice place with nice people....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank harleygirl52
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota. I am very happy to see this rating that you gave the hotel. I am happy to see that we met all your expectations and enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that when your travels bring you to the Sarasota area again, that the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota will be your first choice for a hotel to stay at.

Again, thank you for staying with us and writing a review on tripadvisor, I do appreciate it.

fkennedy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

we stayed here for a weekend, the hotel was very nice very clean easy to get to. The breakfast did get crowded but that was to be expected as they were sold out and there seemed to be some kind of rowing team there but it was fine. I had stayed there when it was a country inn and suites and it is just as nice. The room was very clean and the beds were great, very nice staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank fkennedy
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota, I do appreciate it. I am glad to hear that you found the property nice and my staff great!!

I hope that the next time your travels bring you back to the Sarasota area, that the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota will be your first choice for a hotel to stay at.

Again, thank you for staying with us and giving us the 5 star rating, it is truly appreciated.

Madison, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

An easy find from I-75 - very clean nice rooms, comfortable beds, excellent staff, nice breakfast - perfect for an end of the day, get off the road stay. Yet nice enough for out-of-towners staying for a while. This could be our "go to" when we're in town.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank pupnpony
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East, I truly appreicate your review!!

My staff works very hard to get these types of reviews, and I will be sure to share this review with them.

I am happy to hear that when your travels bring you to the Sarasota area, that the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota will be your "go to place" THANK YOU!!

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East, I do appreciate it.

Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Conveniently close to I-75. 20 min dribe from downtown. Clean. Excelent beds.
Somewhat rudimentary breakfast seen with Scandinavian eyes - by all means OK.
No bar or restaurant - and nearby establishments are limited. You have to drive downtown to find cosy places.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank fengzeli
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I do appreciate the review.

I am glad to hear that you found the hotel clean and convenient for your travel needs.

I hope that the next time your travel plans bring you back to Sarasota, FL, that we will be your first choice for hotel lodging.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, it is always our wish that we can get a 5 star rating from all our guest.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed in a suite here....the rooms were immaculate...very comfortable for 6 ppl in the suite. The staff were Super professional and friendly. Lisa in the breakfast area....was AMAZING! so friendly and helpful....although is no stop making sure that the breakfast supplies are full to the brim...she always takes the time to greet her guests and touch base to make sure that everyone has what they need. Love Kristen who works the desk too...She is always so friendly and willing to help out! We have enjoyed our stay so much...we will definitely be back again and would give it the highest rating of 5 stars....if there were more stars....I would give them...Thanks for a wonderful experience everyone!!

Room Tip: Would definitely recommend the suite w/ a family. very spacious...offers a separate room to watch T...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you so very much for your great review of my hotel and staff, it is very much appreciated!! I appreciate you mentioning a couple of my staff members as well, I like to reward my staff when they are specifically mentioned in a review.

We hope that the next time your travels bring you to the Sarasota area, that the Holiday Inn Express will be your first choice for a hotel to stay.

Again, thank you very much for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East.