“We'll be back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75

Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5730 Gantt Road, (off Clark and I-75), Sarasota, FL 34233 (Formerly Siesta Key East Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersBronze level
Marlton, New Jersey
“We'll be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We've been coming to Siesta Key for many years and always stay at a motel prior to moving in, This is the best we've been to. Our room had a sitting area, a king bed, two flat screen TVs, a refrigerator, a microwave, and a very comfortable mattress. It was a little pricier than some but worth the extra money. It was also quiet which was an improvement over some we've had. There were toiletries in the bathroom and everything was clean. Management was very welcoming. The free breakfast was typical of these motels but it's always crowded...at least at this time of year. We enjoyed our stay and will be back next year.

Room Tip: We always get a reservation ahead of time which would be helpful in finding the hotel. It is off Cl...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mamajo345
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East. I appreciate the 4 star rating that you gave the hotel. Also very happy to hear that you will be returning to the hotel the next time you are in the area... Great!!!

Also very happy to hear that we are the best, that you have been to since traveling to the Sarasota area.

So thank you for the review, I truly do appreciate it. We hope to see you back the next time you will need a hotel room in the Sarasota area.

Randy Paradine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is a completely serviceable hotel. A few things would be easy fixes, though. First, the rooms are clean but a bit smelly. The sheets cover a mattress pad that at some point must be plastic, so it feels like you are sleeping on a baby mattress. (I don't wet the bed, promise!) Very uncomfortable. There are very few toiletries; no shower cap, glass or mouthwash.

The fitness room has some old equipment, which I would not mind, except there is no mat to use for sit ups or anything; just a hard floor. And the remote for the TV doesn't work.
Most of these things are inexpensive fixes.

Clean and reasonable. Also, no late night food or super decent deliveries. No extra blanket.

Room Tip: the room with a king is a good size.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank dee h
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East. I appreciate the comments that were made.

Regarding the comments that were made about needing mats in the gym. That is definitely something I can look at. I have not had this request before so I can look into getting a couple of yoga mats.

With regards to the extra toiletries, we do have all that available, it is just of our "Forget Something" program and we have that available behind the front desk.

I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to the Sarasota area, that we will be your first choice for a hotel to stay at. Hopefully than we will be able to "Wow" you with our service and amenties.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel, I do appreciate it.

General Manager.
upstate NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week while visiting family in the area. Free breakfast is pretty poor but I guess that's ok because it is free. Coffee is terrible! Couldn't drink it! Guest room was clean and pretty comfortable. Hot water was being serviced and there was no hot water for at least 24 hrs. The water was supposed to be on by 5pm then didn't get back on until the next day and then it was cold.
Overall an ok place.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank lisa9962
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate the comments that you made in your review. I am sorry though that we did not "wow" you or that you left here feeling this was a hotel that you "loved". It is always our goal to have all our guest leave here feeling this was a "great hotel that guest love"

It is true we have had some hot water issues as of late, we had a couple of pipes burst in the hotel that effected the hot water only. We truly are sorry for all the inconveniences that this caused our guest.

I do hope that if you are in the Sarasota area again, that you would give us another try. I know there are many choices for travlers to make for their hotel needs and it is important to us that we have all our past guest come back.

Thank you for staying with us, I do appreciate it.

Corona del Mar, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

After my hubby and I checked into a disgusting other big chain hotel five miles down the road, we immediately started searching for another hotel. Being that this is Christmas week, much like Mary and Joseph we kept running into "no vacancy." Trouble in paradise.

For whatever reason, there was a little room left here and we jumped on it. The rooms are clean, free wifi, free breakfast, the things you would expect from a Holiday Inn.

I have three reasons I would not give this hotel 5 stars, even by Holiday Inn standards. The hotel is pet friendly, and we are surrounded by yippy dogs. I love my hound dog, but part of going on vacay is NOT dealing with doggie for a week. I would appreciate if the hotel designated one floor for pets so the rest of us traveling sans fido aren't yipped at.

Secondly, the doors do not have that fabulous anti slam contraption that most hotels have (ironically, their stairwells DO have them). Our next door neighbor keeps slamming to his little hearts delight and jarring me out of my nice vacation sleep. Rude. He just so happens to also be one of the yippy dog owners, so the slam has an encore of yips.

Lastly, the cable package is pretty cheesy. No Bravo, Food Network or HGTV. That's a must in all good hotels in my humble opinion.

All of these are super fixable issues for the hotel, and if addresses would turn my four stars into five- by Holiday Inn standards of course.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank rachelynn
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota. I appreciate the comments and voicing your concerns regarding my hotel.

My apologies for the less than perfect stay. Regarding some of the comments that you noted. I will have my staff look into some of the door closures that are not properly working and get those corrected. I am also changing up some of the television line up and one of the channels that will be added is HGTV and History Channel there are also a couple of other additions that we will be adding to the line up as well.

I do hope that you will visit Sarasota again and that the Holiday Inn Express will be your choice for a hotel to stay and that we will be able to get that 5 star rating from you.

Again, thank you for bringing some of your concerns to my attention, I do appreciate it.

Sincerley
Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for a business meeting. It was my second stay and found the staff members to be very helpful. I was recognized as a rewards member and was thanked for my loyalty. Our meeting was held at the hotel and the room worked out great. Having the breakfast in the morning included made it easy to grab a bite to eat before the meeting started and one less thing to expense. The front desk gave us information on St. Armands Circle where we went for dinner. The hotel was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear SunnySideUp0506;

Thank you for the great review, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and post it on Tripadvisor.com .

It is always great to hear compliments regarding my staff during your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East.

Happy to hear that your meeting went well and was successful.

Again, thank you for posting a review of the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota, I truly appreciate it.

Westerville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with our dog. The staff was very friendly and willing to do anything to help us and make us feel welcome. The rooms were nicely furnished and very clean. Breakfast was especially good and the cookies in the lobby at night were great. The cleaning staff were all very friendly and accommodating also.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor, which was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for the 5 star rating on tripadvisor, I truly appreciate your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found my staff very helpful. Yes the cookies are a big hit during the evening hours.

I just wanted to take a moment and again thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I really appreciate the comments. I look forward to your return visit to the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota East the next time your travels bring you to our area.

panama city, florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is not a new property but it is clean and the operators are making an effort to keep the property in good repair. The hotel is newly painted and everything is very clean. There are needed repairs in the rooms that i have to make note of. Electrical plug inn sockets are worn out and really need to be replaced. The lamp on the desk has 2 electrical sockets and neither of them were operable. The air conditioner in my room was particular noisy, worked well with cold air but the dryer did not. It was cold wet air that became more irritating than comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Sarasota. I appreciate the comments you made and thank you.

I am sorry that we fully did not meet your expectations, if you could please email me at rpardine@hiesarasota.com to please give me the room number that you stayed in while here, I would greatly appreciate it, so we can make those needed repairs.

Thank you for recognizing the fact that we are making every effort to ensure our guest have a great stay while here, that we are doing a lot of work in the guest rooms to ensure guest satisfaction.

I do hope to hear from you so we can make those needed repairs. I also do hope that when your travels bring you to the Sarasota area, that we will be your first choice for a hotel to stay at.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review my hotel on Tripadvisor.