“Friendly and comfortable hotel!”

Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Friendly and comfortable hotel!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here recently for a business trip for 3 nights. Hotel in perfect location. I had a great check-in experience, I was thanked for being an IHG Rewards Club member and got some great restaurant recommendations from the nice
front desk staff. I was there for a few nights and each time I walked by they recognized me and it honestly made feel safe and comfortable. I had no billing issues, my room was very clean and the bed was SO comfortable. Coffee was always in the lobby which I definitely took advantage of! Breakfast was great; I enjoyed the healthy options. I will stay here next month when I come to Sarasota again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jaskin1976
Randy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for the 5 star rating that you gave the Holiay Inn Express Sarasota. I truly appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor and give the hotel that rating.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning the next time you are in the Sarasota area. We look forward to your return visit.

Thank you again, I do appreciate the review.

Randy Paradine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Miami Lakes, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is the worst Holiday Inn we stayed in. From the moment we entered the room to our check out process. Room smells horrible. We stayed for 3 nights. There were no towels for 2 days. After asking for some towels, they said they are drying them (it was 2 pm in the afternoon!! and the first time it was in the evening). The breakfast is just HORRIBLE. Worst food you can eat plus they constantly were running out of items (like no coffee, no cereal...). Next day after we checked in I noticed that there were 2 charges on our online bank statement. I immediately brought this to the attention of the front clerk. She reassured me that is was a hold (even though 2 charged were for different amounts) and said that one of the charges will not be processed. So guess what? When we returned from the trip- I checked my bank account again and they did charge our card twice! (the worst thing is that I talked to the front clerk about it). I wouldn't recommend this hotel. I usually don't write reviews here but felt like I had to this time since my experience in the hotel was nothing but a nightmare.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lena C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Lena C,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Sarasota.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We got a suite. My kids had rented in Siesta Key and we want to be close by but wanted to be able to rest at night. Place was super clean, new, great service and great value. I am comparing what we are paying in Europe for a room 1/2 this size ( which I know is not comparable), and appreciate this very much, because we are paying 1/2 the price, including a good breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SergioR2013
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
We are happy to hear you had a nice stay. We appreciate you and your business. We hope when you come back to visit your family, we will be your only choice in where to stay when in Sarasota!
Cochecton, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for 5 days and will return. Clean room, nice pool, and the daily breakfast was excellent. Excellent value for the money and I am already planning a return in October. Parking is plentyful and the exercise room is a bit small, but, was just fine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank fmlodge
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
We are so happy to hear you had a nice stay. We value you as our guest and hope to see you again in the near future! I am happy we met your expectations. Thank you for your business!