I booked this room based on the reviews. I felt like I was in a different hotel because the only thing I agree with is that it's on the beach. Check in was friendly & easy. If you are looking for an up to date, resort type feel you don't want to stay here. I don't mind older, but this place really needs a lot of work & some money put into it...at the very least paint. The room we stayed in was on the first floor over looking the pool. The room was a nice size for the four of us & had a kitchen. The bathroom was dirty, the ceiling fan had layers of dust & rust on it. There was a chair that had stains on it..nobody would sit on it. The other chairs weren't any better. The beds weren't comfortable & one of them dipped into the middle. The tile floor was DIRTY to the point of having black feet from walking on it...gross. There was a big hole in one of the cupboards which made me nervous about what was going to climb through it. We went outside to sit on our patio area. There were not enough chairs for 4...even though you have to pay for 2 extra people. I called to ask how many we were supposed to have & I was told 2. Sitting outside on the patio isn't all that pleasant when you have the heat from the air conditioner blowing on your back. There was also a big family reunion going on at that time. I wish I would have been told this event was going on at this time because I would have stayed somewhere else. They took over the whole pool area with rafts, playing basketball in the pool, their stuff was everywhere, they had the grills, they were eating dinner all over the place & running around. You felt like you were intruding on their personal space & party. The pool is small so there wasn't a lot of room to get out of their way. It's a different vibe then just having the hotel full of guests as opposed to all family. In fact, the hotel was full, but nobody else was around the pool besides them. Maybe they felt the same way? You are right on the beach, but sad to say, there was tons of seaweed. We asked for a recommendation to eat outside & we were told about the Lido Beach Resort. We went for 1 drink & left. Terrible & overpriced menu. We went to Daiquiri Deck Raw Bar & we were very pleased. I would not want to stay here again because of how dirty it was. I really have no clue what rooms others are talking about...maybe they had one that was updated? it wasn't worth the money & what we expected...it was such a let down. Oh..and no free wi fi??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quaint, old-Florida style beach hotel on Gulf of Mexico with studio and suite efficiencies. Nestled on beautiful Lido Key in Sarasota, FL, just minutes from renowned St. Armanda's Circle and Downtown Sarasota. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Coquina On The Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coquina On The Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Coquina On The Beach Sarasota
- Coquina Beach Sarasota