This has been said before, but some of the reviews of this property simply have unreasonable expectations. To get a suite right on the beach with a pool for under $300 is a good value. Expecting more at that price is unrealistic according to everything I've looked at.
- Obviously, it's right on the beach. This cannot be overstated. We have a 4 and 6 year old and it is a very short walk out to the beach and that is very handy.
- Our room was fairly sizable. We had a 1 bedroom suite (#222) with a pull out couch in the living area and it was very nice having the extra space. We could put our boys to bed in the bedroom and stay up in the living area.
- The kitchen had a full fridge, a stove/oven, and a microwave. There were plates, cups, flatware, and a couple of pots/pans.
- Beach towels, beach chairs, an iron, and hair dryer were provided.
- One big advantage of staying at a smaller resort is that the beach is less crowded. As we walked down the beach to bigger locations, it was quite a significant difference in terms of the density.
- It was fairly close to St Armand's circle. It's about a mile walk, which is very doable if you just have adults along. We drove there with our kids, but when my friend and I went down for a drink, we just walked.
- Several of the towels, both beach and bath were stained. Even at a property with a lower price, I would expect those to be replaced.
- Our tub/shower was peeling. There is apparently a coating on the tub, and it was coming off. Not a huge deal, but a little gross.
- There is no wi-fi. This is understandable given the value, but it would be really nice if they had this.
Overall, a positive experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quaint, old-Florida style beach hotel on Gulf of Mexico with studio and suite efficiencies. Nestled on beautiful Lido Key in Sarasota, FL, just minutes from renowned St. Armanda's Circle and Downtown Sarasota. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Coquina On The Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coquina On The Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Coquina On The Beach Sarasota
- Coquina Beach Sarasota