“Big Variety”

Gyros & Seafood Express
Ranked #375 of 1,148 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The concept of the restaurant is to Save Time. Spend Less. Eat Better. This is why an important correspondent called Cooper Levey-Baker from the Sarasota Herald Tribune Newspaper recently wrote a WONDERFUL article about the restaurant. Go to Cheap Eats and you will find us. We specialize in a variety of seafood, wings topped with our special (and secret) home recipe, handmade burgers and other dishes that will tempt and delight you. Check out our online menu to see the complete selection of tasty lunch, dinner and a late-night snack options. We cook every order when ordered, guaranteeing freshness and taste. We offer Drive-Thru service, Call-In, Dine-In and (coming soon) Internet ordering service.
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I ate lunch at the Gyros and Seafood Express in Sarasota today. It's a very nice looking place on the outside and simple, but nice on the inside. Your order at a counter and your name is called when your meal is ready. There was a great variety of items on the menu at what I"d call reasonable prices. I don't eat seafood so I didn't try any even though it looks like they have a large variety of it.
I had the Original Gyro with chicken combo with yellow rice and black beans on the side (5.99). They had lots of choices for sides. I got black beans and rice but this needed a little acid- vinegar as it was kind of bland but very eye appealing.
I enjoyed my meal and it was very filling and I"d recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Erica R, Owner at Gyros & Seafood Express, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Thank you and we appreciate your order from Gyros and Seafood Express. We value your trust in our company, and we will do our best to meet your service expectations. Thanks again, for your order. For any questions do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

After spending a big part of the day shopping for granite counters, at 3:45 pm, while waiting for a traffic light, my wife & I noticed Food Specials on the marquee of an attractive contemporary building on Washington Blvd (301). Never eating there before, we reluctantly drove up the drive in lane & ordered the 10 Boneless Wing Combo for $4.99 from a friendly inviting voice. We were offered the choice of a side, we chose fries & a beverage, we chose the Sweet Tea. When we arrived at the window we felt very comfortable seeing the "TRIP ADVISOR" sticker proudly displayed on the window. We anxiously pulled in to a secluded shady spot in the ample parking lot, opened the bag, removing the styrofoam box. We were pleasantly surprised to see 10 plump boneless wings dripping with hot sauce, with a generous order of the freshest French fries I ever tasted. This generous snack was enough to satisfy 2 hungry people that survived on cheese & crackers for lunch until Dinner at 7:30 pm. I know we'll be back again.

Erica R, Owner at Gyros & Seafood Express, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Guest:

We appreciate your order of 10 Boneless Wings Combo from Gyros and Seafood Express. We value your trust in our company, and we will do our best to meet your service expectations. Thanks again, for your order. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We, my husband and myself, and our grown son, have been going to this restaurant soon after they opened. Excellent from the beginning, the restaurant and it's new outdoor seating area, has always served great food with large portions and affordable! The owner is always helpful and friendly and we will return again and again. It is a secret "gem" in Sarasota.

Erica R, Owner at Gyros & Seafood Express, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

We appreciate your order from Gyros and Seafood Express. We value your trust in our company, and we will do our best to meet your service expectations. Thanks again, for your order. For any questions do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The fish sandwich was great. BBQ chicken tenders and Hot wings were real, white meat chicken, the salad was bigger and better than any other fastfood restaurant I've been to. Very clean restaurant, food was exceptional!

Erica R, Owner at Gyros & Seafood Express, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

We appreciate your feedback and recent order from Gyros and Seafood Express. We value your trust in our company, and we will do our best to meet your service expectations.

Thanks again, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

When you see the local law enforcement eating anywhere, it is usually a good sign. This was our first visit though have past many times on the way to the beach. Each meal included plenty & cooked just right. Good crowd & staff friendly. Very reasonably priced. Would definitely return.

Erica R, Owner at Gyros & Seafood Express, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013