“Extremely good food!”

Oasis Cafe Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #342 of 1,055 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Lebanese
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We were driving around sarasota and stumbled upon this restaurant and said let's give it a try since they have shawarma which we really like.
The food was tasty and well presented.
The restaurant was very clean and presentable although it is not a formal sit down restaurant but it is more of a mom and pops authentic food style.
The prices are very reasonable and the food was well worth the price.
The service was good and on a very timely manner.
All in all I recommend this restaurant and will go back to visit as soon as we go visit sarasota again.

1  Thank PeterTravelAdvisor

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I love finding little places like this. Authentic food, great prices and a quaint little atmosphere. I had a hummus/veggie/grape leaf wrap in pita bread and my wife had an assortment of yummy Lebanese food. You order at the front counter and they bring the food out. Nothing fancy but like I said, good prices, fast and very tasty. I'm looking forward to trying other dishes here when I need to eat fast yet healthy. Worth the visit!!!

1  Thank EugeneW8874
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were trolling for a place for lunch and saw the listing of the Oasis Restaurant. An informal restaurant, I still don't know whether they have table service or whether the friendly cashier person just came over to help an elderly couple. My wife had a gyro sandwich and grape leaves and I had a selection of dishes including tabbouleh. The individual dishes were terriffic. It was reassuring that the person who was preparing the food looked like they had been in Lebanon and had been preparing and eating Lebanese Food all of their lives. An informal eating place that can give you a satisfying and inexpensive meal.

2  Thank Chuck H
Reviewed March 5, 2013

But that wouldn't be fair to the great food that they have.

If you love family-run "hole-in-the-wall" places this is a true gem. It isn't clear when you walk in whether to wait on them to come to you or walk up and order. Have a seat and take your time and look over the menu. When you are ready then walk up to the counter and they will take your order. They will bring your food out to you and let the fun begin.

I recommend the sampler appetizer with grape leaves, hummus, falafel, tabbouli, baba, and tzatziki. My wife got a greek salad with lamb meat. I got the gyro. To finish we got a couple of their $1.25/piece baklava. These are SO good I bought some to take home.

We stumbled on this place about 3 years ago visiting Siesta Key and couldn't wait to come back. I hope they are there for many years to come!

1  Thank twesterh
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a great place that offers home-made quality and clean mediterranean food! I am so happy they are around. If you eat meat, I highly recommend their shawarma beef sandwich, its tender and toasted with yummy sesame seed sauce, pickles and tomatoes. They also make fresh garlic sauce which is a delicious spread that is super great with chicken. They also have vegetarian/vegan choices. Excellent service and caring staff.

1  Thank Sammy K