“great Thai here in Sarasota!”

Isan Thai Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 1,039 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Isan Thai Restaurant features authentic cuisine from the Northeast region of Thailand bordering Laos and Cambodia known as Isan. Owner Koong brings her home recipes to Isan Thai Restaurant, featuring items like Nham Clook that you will not find elsewhere. Isan Thai Restaurant celebrates the culture and tradition of Isan, with its delicious food, captivating folk dances, and the beautiful sounds of Thai country music. We have a separate lounge featuring quality beer and wine, an Isan/Thai-themed dining area, and outdoor dining.
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“great Thai here in Sarasota!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I went here last night on our weekly date night. We got there very early and were actually the only ones in the restaurant at the time. The restaurant itself is nicely appointed, probably the nicest looking Thai restaurant I've been in. The prices were good for the quality and portions you get. The food was delicious, absolutely delicious! I got a tofu vegetarian dish seasoned Thai hot. And yes, it was HOT and spicy! I loved it. My wife got a chicken dish seasoned medium which was still hot for her but she loved it as well. We had to go up front to get our check but that was a minor complaint to an otherwise great experience at a top notch Thai restaurant. I have no problem recommending this place and we will certainly be going back!

1 Thank EugeneW8874

Cape Coral, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just as the recommendations”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent atmosphere and happy helpful staff. Food not the very best Thai I have ever had but by no means disappointing. Will go again ...

1 Thank runninglts1
Sarasota, Florida
“'Clean' authentic flavorful food”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Sometimes Thai or Chinese food can be overly salty due to overuse of soy sauce for flavor. Not Isan Thai. They use amazing spices and flavors and was not soaking in sodium. My husband and I went there based on Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. After our meals arrived, we were both in a "food comma for 5 minutes!" Delish! My husband had pineapple fried rice and I had cashew nut. We went right after work and it was already busy. It's located in a small strip mall on the west side of Tamiami Trail. Looks like a decent lunch menu too.

1 Thank TravelTeam4985
Augusta, GA
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We are huge fans of Thai food and have eaten at many Thai restaurants. This is one of our favorites. Fanastic curry, seafood, duck, pork... The setting is lovely and the service outstanding. If you enjoy Thia food, you'll really love this place.

2 Thank CPTMary
“No Problem...”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We enjoyed a very good Thai meal here. It's off the beaten path as tourists go, but if you're from Sarasota seek this on out, it's just off Tamiami, not that far north of Stickney Point.
Since it was our friends 69th birthday we really took it soup to nuts, so we enjoyed many things, all quite good.
Basil and shrimp spring rolls; spicy papaya salad; coconut milk based soups with chicken or tofu; Pad Thai.
Then we had our lovely and accommodating waitress put together a more oriental eggplant with veggies green curry. All very tasty, non too hot, everything able to just throw out their various flavors.
Give this place a try, and I haven't said anything about the home made ice creams, killer sticky rice with sweet mango dessert,nor did I establish with you how fun it's decorated, in a Kon Tiki Ports sort of fashion.
Do try that sticky rice dessert, Salida1048