“Amazing Thai Food”

Isan Thai Restaurant
Ranked #89 of 1,079 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Isan Thai Restaurant features authentic cuisine from the Northeast region of Thailand bordering Laos and Cambodia known as Isan. Owner Koong brings her home recipes to Isan Thai Restaurant, featuring items like Nham Clook that you will not find elsewhere. Isan Thai Restaurant celebrates the culture and tradition of Isan, with its delicious food, captivating folk dances, and the beautiful sounds of Thai country music. We have a separate lounge featuring quality beer and wine, an Isan/Thai-themed dining area, and outdoor dining.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had dinner with the family on Friday night. We arrived early and got a booth which was perfect. I ordered the vegetarian Thai Curry. Amazing! Great flavor and amble portions. Served with plenty of rice, actually the waitress brought more as need. Our waitress was delightful. I ordered the curry medium spicy and it was not too hot. Next time, I'll be going hotter, But our waitress brought some great chili sause, and those were fantastic as well.
Clean, amble portions, wonderful staff.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Just came from a great lunch at Isan. There were four of us and each meal was great. The vegetables were very fresh with ample portions. Soup and salads a delight. Wonderful quick service. They have a number of booth's for a cozy dinner or a quiet business lunch.
In addition to the normal meat and seafood, they have a whole page of vegetarian choices.
Seemed to have a good beer & wine selection.
An excellent alternative to the typical lunch spot.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Got carry out here while in Sarasota and everything was terrific! Even the heat level was perfect (2 out of 4) They treated me like a king. Can't wait to return for a dine-in experience.

1  Thank M E
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Sarasota is fortunate to have many Thai restaurants. Isan Thai is one of the newer ones but should do very well in this community based on their delicious food. I had lunch there yesterday with two friends. One had a shrimp curry, the other had a shrimp stir fry. I got a taste of each and made a mental note to try those on my next visit.
My own lunch was shrimp pad thai. It was moister than I am used to, and very tasty. The portion size was huge- more like a dinner size than a lunch meal. I ate probably more than I should have and still took home half. It had been preceded by a very well-flavored salad. (my friend did not care for her wonton soup choice, however. She said the broth was too salty).
The service was very good and unobtrusive. The staff could see that we had a lot of talking to and did not rush us at all.

1  Thank beachqueen2225
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I have eaten here twice and it is fantastic . I had the coconut soup with chicken and it is the best I have ever had - I wanted to drink the liquid from the bottom of the bowl ! My husband had the homemade sausage appetizer and he thought it was really delicious - little spicy for me . I had pad thai for my meal and it was awesome too - huge portion and the sauce was really tasty . The leftovers heated up well for lunch the next day . They have a suprisingly nice craft beer list for a small restaurant and the wine list seemed good as well - though we are beer people through and through ...The service is prompt and very friendly and all the servers check in on the tables so the food arrives hot and you never run out of drinks .Overall - highly recommended !!!

1  Thank srqgirl123