“Great trip!”

Sea Life Kayak Adventures
Ranked #3 of 88 Tours in Sarasota
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Small, personalized tour groups, updated equipment including new, light, fatigue-reducing carbon fiber paddles, comfortable and easy to maneuver kayaks....And still the lowest prices guaranteed. Just a few reasons to come kayaking (tour or rental) with Sea Life Kayak. Explore exotic mangrove tunnels, paddle among manatees, dolphins and much more...With the premier kayak company in Lido, Siesta, and AMI. The owners of Sea Life Kayak Adventures come from science and conservation backgrounds and are members/volunteers of several environmental and wildlife organizations. While other companies are herding dozens of paddlers onto the water, we limit our groups to enhance the experience of our paddlers and especially the wildlife, minimizing our impact on fragile ecosystems. We use top quality, comfortable and easy to use kayaks perfect for novices or pros (most paddlers are newbies which we love), and provide instruction before we launch. Manatees, dolphins, flying rays, flying fish, cormorants (swimming with us or even riding on our boats!), And much, much more can be seen up close. We believe in tailoring our tours to our clients and having fun! Kayaking is not just our business, it's our passion. Thanks-Tom and Lauri
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our family did a 9:30am trip on Sarasota Bay and through the mangrove tunnels. We were teens thru 60s in 5 single kayaks. Kelly was our guide and he was great, very knowledgeable. He dove in and found us sea stars, sea cucumbers, sea urchins. Lots of good information about the ecology of the bay and some good jokes. He worked hard at spotting wildlife to show us. Went at a pace that worked for everyone. Saw a baby manatee, a sea turtle, and lots of birds. Tunnels were very cool. Very positive experience.

1  Thank Garfish123
"great tour"
in 38 reviews
"saw dolphins"
in 27 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 12 reviews
in 10 reviews
"local wildlife"
"great afternoon"

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I went kayaking with my family with Tom mid-August and did not know what to expect. We rented 4 tandem kayaks because we had children with us ranging from 5 to 12. Everyone had such a nice time. Tom educated us on nature as well as the social life of Sarasota. We saw 2 manatees and several dolphins. However, the kayaking through the mangroves was the biggest hit. I came back with six of my girl friends several days later, although we did not see manatees, everyone enjoyed everything immensely. Kelly the guide that day and he was also great. Looking forward to doing it again someday!

1  Thank Aniaset
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Kelly, our tour guide, was great. Very helpful and informative. We were 1st time kayakers and had a blast. The mangrove tunnels were cool. We did see birds and a couple dolphins off in the distance. But, that was it for the wildlife. I will absolutely do this again with Sea Life on our next trip to SK.

1  Thank Stephanie W
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've lived in Florida all my life and have never been kayaking before. Shocking, I know. My boyfriend and I decided to try kayaking to see if we would like it. Sea Life Kayak Adventures made the experience incredibly enjoyable. Kelly, our tour guide, was a wonderful teacher and a very knowledgeable guide. My boyfriend and I had a blast! I highly recommend Sea Life Kayak for a relaxing trip on the water.

1  Thank Loretta R