“Highlighted our vacation!”

Sea Life Kayak Adventures
Ranked #2 of 87 Tours in Sarasota
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Small, personalized tour groups, updated equipment including new, light, fatigue-reducing carbon fiber paddles, comfortable and easy to maneuver kayaks....And still the lowest prices guaranteed. Just a few reasons to come kayaking (tour or rental) with Sea Life Kayak. Explore exotic mangrove tunnels, paddle among manatees, dolphins and much more...With the premier kayak company in Lido, Siesta, and AMI. The owners of Sea Life Kayak Adventures come from science and conservation backgrounds and are members/volunteers of several environmental and wildlife organizations. While other companies are herding dozens of paddlers onto the water, we limit our groups to enhance the experience of our paddlers and especially the wildlife, minimizing our impact on fragile ecosystems. We use top quality, comfortable and easy to use kayaks perfect for novices or pros (most paddlers are newbies which we love), and provide instruction before we launch. Manatees, dolphins, flying rays, flying fish, cormorants (swimming with us or even riding on our boats!), And much, much more can be seen up close. We believe in tailoring our tours to our clients and having fun! Kayaking is not just our business, it's our passion. Thanks-Tom and Lauri
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This kayak tour is a must-do if you are spending any time in the Sarasota area. Tom is down to earth, knowledgable, and goes out of his way to make your experience memorable. The price is also unbeatable. You can also rent a kayak and explore the bay yourself, which is also very exciting. The wildlife and panorama that you see is beautiful. We even saw a dolphin come right up by our kayak when we went exploring ourselves!

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My family and I did a tour with Tom on February 20th. He was very accommodating for us and scheduled in an afternoon tour for us on quite short notice. The kayaks are of the "sit on" variety and thus are very comfortable, more stable and easy to maneuver. We are not paddlers at all, but after a quick tutorial on paddling technique we were out on the ocean enjoying the beautiful homes, wildlife, and mangrove tunnels. Based on some of the previous reviews we expected to see birds and dolphins and perhaps a manatee, but we were unable to observe any mammals. Apparently this is the exception, not the rule, but It didn't effect our experience one bit, we still had a blast! Tom was an outstanding guide in educating us about the area history and the different viewing seasons for different species of wildlife. I will be going back in warmer weather the first chance I get! After one tour, it's very easy to see why this company is rated #1 on tripadvisor.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'd been in Orlando on business for three weeks before my wife joined me for a weekend getaway to Sarasota. Kayaking in and around the mangroves was #1 on her "to do" list, and Sea Life Kayak Adventures turned out to be a great choice. Tom (owner) was our guide and he did a super job of putting us into two single kayaks, leading us (along with three other nice ladies) around the bay, taking us through the mangrove tunnels, and sharing lots of interesting historical facts about the area.

We were blessed with sunny, warm weather, along with the chance to see dolphins, many different birds, various crabs and a snake. At times the wind was somewhat challenging, but it helped us burn lots of calories before we enjoyed more local fare at the Tiki Hut on the beach afterwards. All in all, it was a great Sunday. We highly recommend Sea Life Kayak Adventures and plan to return in the future.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very nice, especially the mangrove tunnels. If you want to see manatees you need to go when the weather, and water is very warm. There are seasons as to when you will see sharks, and the various other animals, and marine life of the area. The wind is a factor also, more wind = more work. It was my first time in a kayak, not comfortable for me, you are in a seated position that is like sitting on the floor. A canoe would have been better for me, because of my belly, more like sitting in a chair. My young, skinny, and beautiful wife loved it, she has no belly to contend with. Tom was our guide, he knows the territory, and is very friendly. I could see him described as a "tree hugger", but I would describe him as someone who loves nature, and someone who truly likes his job. You can also just rent the kayaks and go on your own way, but for the first trip to the area I think the tour with Tom is a good option.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Two friends and I went on a kayak tour with Tom and Sea Life Adventures. We all had a great time. I had never been kayaking before and enjoyed it so much! I can't wait to go again. We had gorgeous weather and got to see some baby dolphins playing not far from us. it was fun manuevering throught the mangrove tunnels. Tom is cheerful, helpful, knowledgable, and fun! I highly recommend this adventure!