“Consistent quality and personable service”

Ranked #113 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Consistent quality and personable service”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have eaten at Azteca several times and find it to be a completely enjoyable experience. Their menu has a good range and the food is always wonderful. I typically don't migrate toward Mexican restaurants but Azteca is an exception. Their waitstaff is very personable, upbeat and responsive - they want your experience to be great. The decor is very colorful, innovative and fun. Wine is reasonably priced and very good. During busy downtown times you may have to look for a parking spot - it's a popular street in Sarasota but well worth it. The last time we went, I took my great nephew who is 17 and he cleaned his plate.

• Visited April 2013
Azteca M, Manager at Mariscos Azteca Mexican Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, September 4, 2013

Thank You.

“Great service, great food even for picky people like me with food sensitivity at a great price!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Excellent service where they were very timely and flexible on menu items. Food is amazing. Go after 4:30 if you want the patio.

• Visited May 2013
Azteca M, Manager at Mariscos Azteca Mexican Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your kindness and support, unfortunately we are no longer at the downtown location but I would like to extend an invitation

Sarasota, Florida, United States
“fantastic meal and service at Azteca tonight!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was here tonight for the first time with my wife before the opening night movie at the Sarasota Film Festival. The food was outstanding, the service was great and the atmosphere at this Mexican was perfect. I have been wanting to try this place for quite some time but we have several other Mexican restaurants that we frequent so we never got around to it until tonight and I'm happy to say that it didn't disappoint. Prices are in line with other Mexican restaurants although it would be nice to have better beer prices. Chips were just so-so but the salsa was fantastic as was the food itself. Fresh, hot and fast! We will be back for sure!

• Visited April 2013

Siesta Key, Florida
“Vibrant urban location with good service”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Azteca enjoys an urban location that provides after dinner walking experiences. Average margaritas, slightly flat, are made acceptable by a good menu offering a variety of Mexican food choices. Interior design of restaurant is interesting and colorful.

• Visited March 2013

Northern California
“It's no Mexico or CA but its pretty darn close.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I've been in Sarasota now for about 6 months. Moved from CA. Needless to say I was missing Mexican food. We tried a couple places here and there but nothing was 'hitting the spot' as they say...till Azteca.
Have I had better Mexican? Yes. Of course. Here in Sarasota..no! From the moment you walk in you are greeted with a big smile and lovely decor. The scones were my fave. Although, they do not have a full bar their margaritas were pretty delicious. I am a sucker though for wine margarita's. I had the shrimp fajitas and I was in love. Not too much seasonings. Cooked perfect. My only complaint is, can I have a little more peppers and less onions? The refried beans were good and the rice wasn't dry. I'd get it again and again. My dinner partner had a pork dish that was really good. And the black refried beans, in my opinion, better then then my refried beans. We both dipped into each others plates from time to time to the shock of the very etiquette patrons...oops. To finish off we shared the deep fried ice cream. Which I didn't share.
My only complaint about the overall food was the chips and salsa. The chips were maybe store bought. I don't know. I can't put a place on it. They were just ok. I wish the salsa was a little thicker because it kept dripping onto everything. And more kick. It wasn't very flavorful.
The service was nice and attentive. I think he got a little overwhelmed as the dinner service got later because it took a while for us to get the bill after we ask.
Overall, we will be going again and again. If you are in town visiting its a must.