“El Pescador ............. Deliciousoooooooooo”
Review of El Pescador - CLOSED

El Pescador
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The return of the owners from Cu-co Motto's, are so welcomed back.The restaurant located at 1603 North Tamiami Trail features again some of the best Mediterranean cuisine at great prices Perfectly located to a multitude of entertaning venues. Loved the new menu, Tried two versions of gnocchi, one with basil and garlic and another with four cheeses. Both were wonderful, with plenty of sauce, light and sumptuous and very generous portions. Mussels over pasta was very tasty and good to the last drop of sauce swept clean by the great bread from the past. Veal saltimboco was beautifully plated and good to the last forkful. Ceasar salad with a special order of anchovies was not disappointing. The service was professional and friendly and the manager made his rounds to see that you were well taken care of. The atmosphere was the same as before with an open cooking area with tables which we choose, comfortable and casual. Another long area in back has very pleasant seating and great for conversation. I hope they will have entertainment as in the past. The prices are right and the portions are generous. Phone 941.312.4711

Sandra Lewis

1  Thank fashionmaventellsall

Reviewed March 10, 2012

I had high hopes for this restaurant. I've been visiting sarasota for a month now and im trying a different restaurants. I am primarily trying seafood because I don't get that back home in new mexico. I ordered amberjack with mixed vegetables, seafood bisque soup and a salad. The seafood bisque was excellent but there was not very much of it. The amberjack tasted peculiar and it did not flake it was like rubber almost gelatin. Amazingly half to vegetables were over cooked while the other half we're under cooked. The sauce that came with the amberjack overpowered any taste the vegetables and fish may have had. Add an overbearing waiter and total price out the door of 60 dollars for 1 person. My worst experience at a restaurant ever. The people seated next to me enjoyed their meal so maybe I just made a bad choice. However hide a really good restaurant you would expect every entree to be enjoyable.

1  Thank WestSideBoyz