“Stay away”

Sarasota Sailing & Power Boat Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Sarasota sailing charters catamaran Delphinus is the perfect vessel for your special occasions including wedding parties, birthdays, reunions, and corporate outings. For a relaxing sail or a full on adventure, plan to budget a little extra on your vacation, and rent our entire boat! Take a dip or snorkel, then rinse off using warmed fresh water from her stern shower! Enjoy a complimentary drink and snack and some conversation in the shade of her covered bridgedeck. No crowding. Just the sunshine, wind and water.
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We had bought a voucher on line for a 3 hour sail for up to six people. We first reserved a day in January and drove 1 hour north to meet the captain in Sarasota at 1 pm. He never showed up and we were really disappointed since the friends with us were visiting from Wisconsin and this was what we had planned to do when they were here. I called the captain and he said the boat was in dry dock and he had called and e-mailed me. No call or e-mail was received from this man. We rescheduled one month later and with family and friends went back up to Sarasota for a 1 pm sail and we were stranded at the dock in the hot sun for a second time. We waited 45 minutes calling the "captain" and did not get an answer on his phone. When we were just about home I called and he answered his phone and told me that his phone had not been working and he was just 30 minutes late. Really. We were there until 1:45 pm and no sail boat was in sight. I don't know what his problem is but I will never ever book with him again and I would never recommend him to anyone else.

4  Thank Janet D
SiberianCaptain, Owner at Sarasota Sailing & Power Boat Charters, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Well, some unpredictable emergency work had to be done on my boat and I could not even call – my phone was down. I apologizes for that inconvenience.