“Wonderfull Birthday Celebration”

Schnitzel Kitchen
Ranked #23 of 1,242 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Here in Sarasota it is our pleasure to present to you authentic German food at our quaint restaurant. The owner is from Berlin, so you get to enjoy not only the food but also the culture. Wir wünschen Guten Appetit!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Headed back to the Schnitzel Kitchen for the wife’s birthday after 9 months since our last visit. We drive 80 miles each way to dine there. The wife had her usual Sauerbraten and loved it. I have a new favorite - the pork cordon blau schnitzel zweibel style with a huge potato dumpling and apple carrot salad. We shared a dessert and then a second dessert showed up with all the guests singing happy birthday to my wife. With 2 1/2 L Weihenstephans, tax and a 22% tip our bill was $80. We have been to more than twenty German restaurants in Florida and Schnitzel Kitchen is the absolute best!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (294)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice menu, interesting choices, healthy portions, friendly staff. The house special pork shank was deeeeelicious. The sauerkraut was deeeeelicious, the pork schnitzel was deeeelicious. The red cabbage was too sweet for me but that could be just me. Cannot wait to return and try other menu items. This is a real find. By the way the assorted salad plate appetizer was deeeeelicious.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 28, 2019

Food was just "ok". Potato cakes were burnt...red cabbage a bit bland. Service was a bit lacking..not as attentive to customers as I would have expected.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

We came because most of the reviews were very positive. Unfortunately, our meals missed on most counts, hence the average rating of 3.

I had the roulade and it was very bland. As a side I ordered the potato pancake, another mistake. Red cabbage lived up to expectations. My companion’s veal schnitzel was tasty as was the mushroom sauce. The apple strudel was forgettable.

Nice atmosphere, rustic is the best description. Service was also attentive. Bathroom, always a point of interest to me, smelled like something you don’t discuss in a family publication. In addition, the caulking around the toilet was discolored and suggestive of mold.

Best find another place if you are in the area.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank LAKEWOODgourmet
Reviewed August 15, 2019

Had an excellent meal here last night. All homemade...pork schnitzel with jager sauce, schweinbraten; delicious desserts, apple strudel and plum cake. Wonderful steins of German beer! The staff was very friendly and attentive, made you feel like family. This was our first time here, we’ll return and bring our German friends. I highly recommend this local gem for a hearty meal!

Date of visit: August 2019