“Schnitzel and Sauerbraten at the Schnitzel Kitchen”
Review of Schnitzel Kitchen

Schnitzel Kitchen
Ranked #90 of 1,046 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Here in Sarasota it is our pleasure to present to you authentic German food at our quaint restaurant. The owner is from Berlin, so you get to enjoy not only the food but also the culture. Wir wünschen Guten Appetit!
Hudson, FL
“Schnitzel and Sauerbraten at the Schnitzel Kitchen”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I first read about this restaurant in one of the many tourist pamphlets available in hotels and resorts. Though we visit this area often I had never heard of it. Like many restaurants in Florida, it's located in a mall area. The tables have beautifully varnished wood tops and the whole place is rather attractive with German music softly playing in the background.

I had read on TA that reservations are a good idea and I followed that suggestion, but there were just two tables of customers in the restaurant when we arrived on a Friday night in late April. The tourist/snowbird season is winding down now, so perhaps that's the explanation.

My husband ordered sauerbraten and got two big, thick hunks of the meat along with red cabbage. I had schnitzel and it, too, was quite large. We brought the leftovers home for lunch another day. Service was good and quick. We will return.

• Visited April 2013

Venice, Florida
“Yum!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We tried Schnitzel Kitchen for the first time last night, and overall were very pleased. We didn't have reservations and had to wait about 15 minutes for a table (which, with no bar and a very small waiting area, was awkward). It's a small place, but it seemed as if they could have used one more server or busser; the two servers seemed a bit overworked, and the service suffered a bit as a result (though they were both very pleasant). Once we were seated and served, we relaxed and enjoyed a delicious dinner. Both meals we ordered (wiener schnitzel and sauerbraten) were excellent. In season, reservations are probably good idea, as well as for a larger group. Guten Appetit!

• Visited April 2013
Ohio
“Excellent food, enhanced by great beer.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We came in without a reservation (not recommended), but we were happily accommodated. Both my hubby and I had schnitzel with sides. We shared an apple strudel for dessert. Everything was delicious and the prices are reasonable. We highly recommend checking out this little place and will be returning ourselves as soon as possible!

• Visited March 2013
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Once again a great meal”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have been here 4 times and each time we were very pleased with the food and service. We took a chance and went out over the Easter Weekend, thinking it would be busy. For some reason it was quite. It is a small restaurant yet has a warm inviting feel.

The dishes are not huge portions, but prepared and presented in a way that is very eye and taste appealing. Had the potato pancakes with apple sauce as an appetizer - they were hot and fresh. I had the Holstein Schnitzel (pork) and it was perfect. The different schnitzel's are available with pork, veal, chicken and vegetarian. My wife had the Beef Gulasch, and the flavor of the sauce and tenderness of the beef is outstanding. I added some of the sauce to my Spätzle and made the Spatzle that much better. All entrees come with two sides (I elected the cucumber salad. We skipped dessert as the entrees were filling. There is wide selection of German beer. Will return many times.

• Visited March 2013
Venice, Florida
“Clothes your eyes...You are in Vienna!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

After a vacation in Vienna, Austria many years ago, my husband and I have been searching for a good( because we knew nothing could be better than the little restaurant we ate at in Vienna ) German restaurant that served Schnitzel....Well...we will look no farther. The Schnitzel Kitchen is the best we have found..this side of the pond! Perfect Schnitzel..and everything to go with.
It is a small restaurant, we had a living social coupon...but we will return with no coupon..excellent service, excellent food!
I suggest a reservation..we went early, just after they opened, so no problem...but they soon fill up!

• Visited February 2013