“Fun place, good food and beer!”

Evie's Family Golf Center
Ranked #11 of 29 Fun & Games in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: With a 60-station Driving Range, a chipping green, a putting green and an 18-hole Waterfall Adventure Mini-Golf Course, Evie's Family Golf Center has something for everyone. Sit in the Tavern or in the golf center and enjoy a snack or meal from our extensive menu. Try our famous hand tossed pizzas or enjoy our appetizers, subs, wraps, fresh salads and burgers. If you don't want to leave home call us. We offer both Delivery and Carry out. Other items: Ice cream parlor, arcade and tiki bar.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Visiting family is Sarasota and have been here twice for food and beer. Great selection of food and also good beers on tap. Both meals were excellent and service was good.
The 2nd trip, it happened to be pizza night (a Wed eve) and it was completely packed. They're doing things right.

1  Thank GLewis53
There are newer reviews for Evie's Family Golf Center

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My girlfriend lives right down the road from there and likes to bring her two kids to hit balls on the driving range or play video games on occasion. The last 2 times we went there was just poor in many ways so we will be going elsewhere for entertainment and especially food.

First trip this year (4/20/13) - We stopped by for a pizza and video game session. (2 adults and 3 kids). Service was okay this day. They had the majority of the tables blocked off for a birthday but we were able to use another section inside to sit and eat since the party didn't start for another hour.

The pizza came out and barely had any sauce on it. One thing to note is that the pizza crust is hard so it's tough for kids to cut or eat in general. We asked for a side of sauce so we could add more to it and that made is somewhat better. We also got fries which were pretty good and the kids enjoyed them (naturally).

Fast forward to our latest trip (5/11/13) - My girlfriend was babysitting a couple of kids so we decided to give it another shot but this time ask for extra sauce when ordering. (2 adults and 4 kids). The tables were again blocked off for a birthday party so we took the side tables again that were available but the guests that were there for the party quickly took over and weren't friendly so we decided to just eat outside and let them have the inside.

(Note to Evie's, if you have a party booked for the day go ahead and give them the entire inside table set or at least put more tables near the ice cream parlor section)

I put our 6 drinks on one of the tables outside (none of the tables were being used) and continued to play inside until the pizza was ready. While inside I saw one of the servers come by and start throwing away our drinks not even noticing that they were full and that the straws I put in them still had the paper on the top. I ran out to tell her that we were using that table and she apologized and brought us another set of drinks.

When the food came, she forgot the rack for it and had to go back and also for plates. No napkin dispenser was available on the tables so I went up and got one on the window sill which apparently had the condiments and dispensers from when they cleaned off the tables but didn't put them back.

Pizza was better now that it had the proper sauce amount but was still hard and makes it difficult for kids to eat and to cut with plastic knives. A couple of them just ate the cheese on top instead.

My girlfriend went in with the kids to get ice cream and I stayed outside to make sure our table and stuff would be fine, when she came out half the kids had cones and the other two had cups but apparently the lady didn't hear them say all cups at first but she just said it would be fine. No worries. Just a bit messy but at this point I'm just ready to leave.

For the price and selection, you're better off elsewhere in terms of food but for entertainment they're not bad and have updated their video games to a degree but still are a quarter of the size of Livingstons but they do have a nice golf area (miniature and driving).

Nevertheless, we haven't tried Livingstons for a kids outing so we'll see how that is and hope it's better. If we return to Evie's it'll just be for a quick video game session and golf.

2  Thank ANTMARSAN
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Evie's is a fun, family spot. Yes, they have a bar with plenty of sports programs streaming. But, they also have a decent putt putt course with waterfalls, etc, a nice driving range, pool tables and indoor games for the kids. On different nights they have different specials--the night we were there, $10 landed the kids with pizza, ice cream and game tokens. Food is average but the decent prices and the various options for entertainment always draw a crowd at this place.

1  Thank Travelspirit
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Bohr's Head meat made the sandwich. I had a turkey sandwich and it was great. The portion was huge. I asked how much meat was in the sandwich and the waitress said 8 oz of meat plus the cheese. I felt the price was very fair as well. $8.99 for the sandwich and a salad. It cost me close to $10 at publix for a Bohr's Head sandwich with no sides. The best was I brought the other half home. I reccomend.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We went to Evies on a Saturday for the first time and I had a cold Italian sub and it was absolutely the BEST Italian sub I ever had anywhere... fast forward 3 days to Tuesday, April 2 at 2 PM... I ordered the same thing... TERRIBLE... it took 30 minutes and it came out with no cheese and pieces of Boars Head end cuts... worse... I had ordered the sub with just olive oil instead of the balsamic dressing that is on the menu... the olive oil was poured over the top of the bread?? I asked the barmaid if the chef was new... she said no, he has worked here for 20 years. The manager never came to talk with us... I paid the bill... fire the Tuesday chef!!! ...WTF

2  Thank globeking500