“Very good food, but confusing order process” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“Very good food, but confusing order process”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Sunday, Aug. 4, 2013 we decided to try this restaurant/bakery/cafe for breakfast. When we walked in we had NO idea where you were suppose to order your food. No signs, two cash registers with NO indication of where or who you should approach. Could not find the menu and did not know what the procedure was for ordering, so we ask the people in front of us standing at the bakery case by the entrance and they were not sure either. A lot of help walking and standing around, but NO offer of guidance or assistance. Once we figured out that you just stood in line and that the menus were by the cash register we ordered our breakfast. You are given a receipt with total $ amount (that is not itemized, so you do not know if you were charged the proper amount) and a number that you place on any table you wish to sit at. After all of this your meal is prepared and ours was served very timely. The food was very good (french toast, sticky bun and eggs bendict, coffee and tea) and at a very good temperature. DO NOT EXPECT ANY SERVICE, THERE IS NONE! You refill your own coffee and tea and no one every returns to your table to see if you need anything or clear any dishes. They are open for breakfast and lunch and have many delicious bakery items and a large variety of breads and rolls. You can also "special order" bakery items in advance. I think we will stick to going there for coffee, rolls and breads and forget meal ordering. Good quality, taste and variety, just confusing and NO service.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Valdosta, GA
“Tasty breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family and I stayed at a hotel near John Dough Bakery on our trip to the area and instead of having breakfast at the hotel we decided to give this place a try our first morning there. I had the French Omelet with grits & croissant. It was delicious and just what I was looking for! My husband had eggs benedict which he said was very good. My children had the pancakes. They were HUGE and delicious! I tasted them and they tasted like they may have had some cake batter in them. We had breakfast there two times and both times they were fairly busy, but not overwhelmed. The ladies that work there were very nice. (One of the guys that worked there seemed a bit unfriendly but everyone else was very nice. He may have normally worked the kitchen and was helping serve in a pinch. Not sure.)

• Visited July 2013
Bradenton, Florida
“Terrible Lunch”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Ordered onion soup. Tasteless and no salt.
Next had a caprese salad. Tasteless. Tomatoes so thin I could see through them. No crackers. No one was interested enough to check on the customers.
My first and last visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank T M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite place for Italian paninis ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

The BEST Italian panini I have ever had in my life!! They also have Beautiful loaves of bread, muffins, Danish, cookies, cakes and much more on the bakery side that are phenomenal too.

1 Thank Alwayskeepitreal
Milford, Delaware
“Great atmosphere, hearty whole grain breads, so-so everything else”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

I loved my whole wheat bagel - my favorite part - very hearty, full of crunch and texture, nice sour bite to it. The soup I got was watered down and not flavorful. Egg sandwich was a bit above average. The ambience is wonderful, very comfortable - equally lovely to sit inside or outside; service was good. Nice alternative to a Panera or Starbucks.

• Visited March 2012