“Close to Lorido Beach”

Regency Inn & Suites
Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Had an awesome time and most of all no construction sounds or any disturbance for the 4 days i spent there, i couldn't asked for more. Another awesome point would be that it was close to Lorido Beach and a Walmart that kept our family from starving.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Regency Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Pros; close to everything! clean, lots of room, pots, pans, dishes, dish soap for cleaning, shampoo and soaps. hairdryer, king bed was nice. Central Air in room 116 but when it kicks on in bedroom will jolt you out of the bed. Bathroom clean. Dresser was nice and clean.
Two TV's one in bedroom and one in living room. Room was quiet not many people there, on the days we were there or they came and went. Owners were nice. Small Wal-Mart just up the road, clean and perfect for anything you need.

Cons: Shady neighboorhood. Some Homeless and some Drug Dealers, We were never approached by any of these people. But you get what you pay for, I saved $150 staying here which we used to buy some great food and drinks in Sarasota. Again we were never approached. Carpet was very dirty, you can't tell until you put on clean white socks, OH MY.. wore my shoes for the rest of the time. Owners say they are closing down and remodeling soon, I told them make sure you clean the carpets.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were looking for both value and location. The website was fair in their description of the offerings. The kitchen was handy. The Air Conditioner was efficient and cold.The owners were very friendly and helpful. We would stay there again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor. We would want the bottom floor next time.
1  Thank DanPGainesville
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The Regency is not the newest motel but our room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. Good location just north of downtown and close to everything. Our room was a king suite with a small kitchen, including a fridge and central air! We enjoyed our stay and would come back again.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Hi,

I had the pleasure of staying at Regency Inn during the first week in June. I was looking for future apts. because I am planning to relocate to Sarasota. It is a mid 20th century complex, not fancy, but clean and well kept. Bed was very comfortable.

All I can say is the office staff was extremely friendly; the cleaning staff was excellent (changed linens upon request, new clean towels each day, and wiping up around sinks, etc.)

I was very nervous this trip because I knew I was planning to move and that is a life changing event. The people at the front office helped me to relax by giving suggestions to various places as well as directions.

There was a plumbing problem in my suite late one day; also in other units. They fixed it all as fast as possible even having the plumber work late until it was fixed. They even offered me the use of an empty room until the repairs were finished.

These units are older but are I'm the process of being renovated. A lot of building repair work going on but that is a positive thing IMO.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Sue L
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I never expected to find such a great deal for a 4-night stay. I was amazed how friendly Dave was at check-in (got a FL map and drew directions to beaches & places he recommended) And the maid, Debbie was so helpful. Hands down, best hotel ever!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jpoota86
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is a clean and comfortable place to stay for a few days or just one night. It is near the beaches and other attractions.

The room and the bed were very comfortable.

There is also plenty of storage space and the refrigerator in our room was nice and cold.

The air temperature was easy and accurate to adjust.

Room Tip: First floor is easier for unloading your car.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family