“So good!”

Sofrito Mama's
Ranked #6 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Sofrito Mama's you will find mouth watering, home-style Puerto Rican cuisine. Our menu is filled with a wide array of reasonably priced, traditional meals for the entire family from fried appetizers, rice & beans, roast pork & stews, salads, to signature specialty dishes & delicious homemade desserts. Whether it's lunch or dinner, Sofrito Mama's Latin Comfort Food is just what you need to tickle your hunger fancy.
Sarasota
“So good!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I love the rice, empanadas, and fried pork chops!!! Everything is perfectly flavored! The owners are super friendly too!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank DFloridan

Cocoa beach
“My first review...”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

This was the first restaurant that I decided I had to review. Food is amazing. Had the tomato avocado salad with olive oil dressing. So fresh. The plantain casserole was today's special and came with rice and salad. Very well seasoned beef layered between plantains and cheese. Puerto Rican lasagna. Very good! My husband had a Cuban and was impressed. The meat wasn't deli style is was real marinated slow cooked pork and Ham. The chicken empanada was the best I've ever had. They don't serve alcohol but Jason sent us next door to Rosati's to get our drinks. There is no seating inside but there are plenty of tables outside in the shade. We are only here for a week but will definitely be back!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Juicy Perfection”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I am in love with Sofrito Mama's! I had the Pernil (Pork) platter with black beans and rice. This pork was so tender, juicy and flavorful that I did not need to add hot sauce ---which I LOVE and add to everything. My husband had the Guisados with pintos and rice. His beef was as soft as the pork with a fantastic juice. We also got spinach and cheese empanadas. They were crispy, yummy perfection! This place really hits the spot. It's a short drive away from the beach but SOOOOO worth the trip. This family really knows what they are doing and I am so glad that they are sharing their talent and love with us!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Medina, Ohio
“Sofritos: So happy we found you! ”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for inexpensive takeout and saw Sofritos on TravelAdvisor. Although we were a visiting Midwestern family, we thought we would try something exotic. It worked out great.

We ordered five different sandwiches/entrees and a few appetizers to turn it into a buffet. We loved everything. Even my teenagers who were begging for pizza or Chinese raved about the food.

The restaurant is takeout but has tables outside, but that is not a bad thing because the building was so hot from the kitchen.

The owner himself waits on you, making recommendations. His wife does the cooking. They are very nice and obviously care about their business. It is nice to help their dream grow.

We highly recommend this restaurant as a vast improvement over other affordable, quick options.

1 Thank cjefrun
Orlando, Florida
“Number one? ”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Good food, wish it was a sit down and not a take out. Definitely not number one in Sarasota but good.

11 Thank Virg321