“Good quality home_cooked food served with happiness”
Review of Sofrito Mama's

Sofrito Mama's
Ranked #8 of 1,144 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: At Sofrito Mama's you will find mouth watering, home-style Puerto Rican cuisine. Our menu is filled with a wide array of reasonably priced, traditional meals for the entire family from fried appetizers, rice & beans, roast pork & stews, salads, to signature specialty dishes & delicious homemade desserts. Whether it's lunch or dinner, Sofrito Mama's Latin Comfort Food is just what you need to tickle your hunger fancy.
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have eaten here over 15 times. Each time it keeps getting better. Please try the roast port with red beans and white rice or the stew chicken. The appetizers are amazing as well. Try the chicken croquettes. Save for dessert try the tres leches cake. Good food from hard working people.

1  Thank greg9138

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Vacationing in Sarasota with the boyfriend and wanted to stop here based on all the glowing reviews. It's a small place in a shopping center with limited seating. The owners greeted us and explained the menu. I can't stress enough how nice it is to be warmly welcomed into a restaurant and see first hand the love they put into their business and food. Boyfriend ordered the roasted pork with black beans. I had the Friday special of stewed codfish. Both dishes were excellent and there was so much food we ended up saving it for dinner. While the cuisines are not exactly the same, Sofrito Mama's was 100 x better than our experience at the Columbia Restaurant. There was limited seating outside, and it appears to be a carry out type place.
Love this place and will definitely return on our next visit!

1  Thank FilmFatale
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This food is just like my Puerto Rican family makes...maybe even a bit better.
The owners are friendly and service is fast. I just love the simplicity of great food, great service, great price!

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We were greeted by a friendly owner and staff. I first would like to comment on how clean and nice it was inside. I mentioned this to the owner, he smiled and told me they had just went over the entire place over memorial day weekend. He told me they had been there a few years and seemed proud and pleased that we noticed their efforts. It looked like it just opened.
Our lunches were fresh and delicious. The portions were generous. The seating outside was shaded and perfect for South Florida. And the owner broke out an authentic Puerto Rican hot sauce for me that was kickass.
We will be back often. You should give them a shot. You won't regret it. Support local restaurants and forget all the chains!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Be sure to watch the hours. Closed on Monday’s and they have an off-season schedule. Also, they do not open until noon. I was not hungry when I got there so I just got some appetizers. Empanada’s and Tostones. They were really good. They are a take-out restaurant but have some seating right outside the door. If I return to the area, I will be sure to go back hungry.

1  Thank Echevarria68