“"What a great place!"”

Sofrito Mama's
Ranked #8 of 1,144 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: At Sofrito Mama's you will find mouth watering, home-style Puerto Rican cuisine. Our menu is filled with a wide array of reasonably priced, traditional meals for the entire family from fried appetizers, rice & beans, roast pork & stews, salads, to signature specialty dishes & delicious homemade desserts. Whether it's lunch or dinner, Sofrito Mama's Latin Comfort Food is just what you need to tickle your hunger fancy.
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We were greeted by a friendly owner and staff. I first would like to comment on how clean and nice it was inside. I mentioned this to the owner, he smiled and told me they had just went over the entire place over memorial day weekend. He told me they had been there a few years and seemed proud and pleased that we noticed their efforts. It looked like it just opened.
Our lunches were fresh and delicious. The portions were generous. The seating outside was shaded and perfect for South Florida. And the owner broke out an authentic Puerto Rican hot sauce for me that was kickass.
We will be back often. You should give them a shot. You won't regret it. Support local restaurants and forget all the chains!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Be sure to watch the hours. Closed on Monday’s and they have an off-season schedule. Also, they do not open until noon. I was not hungry when I got there so I just got some appetizers. Empanada’s and Tostones. They were really good. They are a take-out restaurant but have some seating right outside the door. If I return to the area, I will be sure to go back hungry.

1  Thank Echevarria68
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in while on vacation to Lido Key due to the travel advisor reviews. The owners/operators provided a tasty meal and some of the kindest customer service to our family on out trip. Our kids are still munching on left over fried plantain! Yummy!!!

1  Thank BloomfieldGuy
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

We had a variety of things--ordered way too much food--and some of it was fantastic: empanadas, fried pork, sweet plantain. Kids enjoyed the fried plantain with dipping sauce. Awesome customer service as many have stated! Perfect evening to eat outside. All in all, if I would have ordered the chicken empanadas and white rice and beans I would have been thrilled and our bill would have been much less!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We went there after we saw Safrito Mamas as the top rated restaurant in Sarasota. We were not disappointed. It was not easy to find -buried in corner of older strip mall- but our GPS got us there. When we got there found out it is carry out only (except a couple tables out in front). The pulled pork along with black beans and rice was superb. The sweet plantain casserole was also a good choice. Currently only open Tuesdays to Saturdays.