“Incredible!”

Sofrito Mama's
Ranked #5 of 1,079 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: At Sofrito Mama's you will find mouth watering, home-style Puerto Rican cuisine. Our menu is filled with a wide array of reasonably priced, traditional meals for the entire family from fried appetizers, rice & beans, roast pork & stews, salads, to signature specialty dishes & delicious homemade desserts. Whether it's lunch or dinner, Sofrito Mama's Latin Comfort Food is just what you need to tickle your hunger fancy.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I order empanadas and have them shipped to New Jersey because I just love them so much! The owners are wonderful and friendly and the service is prompt. The price is great too! I would recommend them to anyone looking for authentic Puerto Rican food and cannot find it in their area.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The food is simple and delicious with generous portions at reasonable prices. Customer service is excellent and though they do get busy on occasion - it is worth the wait! Seating is limited so I usually do take-out. I recommend the roast pork dinner and the tomato/avocado salad.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Ordered some of everything, roast pork, maduros, black beans and rice, an assortment of empanadas, and a great sandwich. Everything was excellent, best black beans, the cubarican sandwich is a big improvement over the standard cuban due to quality fillings. The owners are nice and explain what items are without making you feel dumb. The portions were so large that we had leftovers for lunch even with a teenage boy (who liked everything!).

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Food is excellent! Great Service! The chicken stew and rice is the best! Food is so good the restaurant can be very busy at lunch so my recommendation would be to call ahead when ordering take out.

1  Thank Karen A
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I never been to a Puerto Rican restaurant before and I was surprised at the quality and quantity of food I ate. There was on inside dining and the weather was overcast and gloom but the pork chunks and red beans with white rice warmed my whole body including my tummy. The service was great also. Can not wait to go again and again! Thanks a lot and I will definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone I know.