“Latin comfort”

Sofrito Mama's
Ranked #6 of 1,054 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: At Sofrito Mama's you will find mouth watering, home-style Puerto Rican cuisine. Our menu is filled with a wide array of reasonably priced, traditional meals for the entire family from fried appetizers, rice & beans, roast pork & stews, salads, to signature specialty dishes & delicious homemade desserts. Whether it's lunch or dinner, Sofrito Mama's Latin Comfort Food is just what you need to tickle your hunger fancy.
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I'm born and raised here in sarasota so I have a pretty good idea of the restaurants worth going to, and let me tell you, Sofrito Mamas is worth going to. It is latin comfort food at its finest. In the last few months since I found it, I find myself planning on sofritos 1 or 2 times a week! If you are recovering from a night of too much fun or getting off from working all day, this is the comfort food you need. It's the mac and cheese and pizza of latin cusine but with outrageous flavor that my palate begs for. I was originally drawn in by the guisados but I have not tried one thing I didn't like so far. The owners are great people who just want to bring these amazing flavors to our area. If you come to sarasota, do not miss out on Sofrito Mamas!

1  Thank craigschlotterback

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and brought her mother here based on previous reviews on Trip Advisor. Sofritos may be small but the food is big on flavor and serving size. The three of us had the pork platter and the pork was juicy and delicious. The owner took his time going over the menu and answering any questions we had; the husband and wife are customer service focused and are having a lot of fun in their business that comes across to their customers. Try the bread pudding! I hate bread pudding but theirs are very well seasoned and have a very light texture: melts in your mouth.
Go to Sofritos and enjoy their Latin comfort food.

3  Thank Bill M
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I ordered a take out meal for 15 and experienced excellent service, a great value, and quality
food. The Staff was very helpful with deciding quantities even to the point of cutting back my order
to the proper amounts and the type of items that would work best for the meal. We still had ample left overs to send a few complete meals home with our event guest's. The food was well prepared
and fresh, coming out of the ovens just before arriving to pick it up.
The meal was a real hit to our international guests and well travelled local friends.
Sofrito Mamas can deliver you a great single meal to bulk purchases with the same Latin flavor and quality.

1  Thank Iowa2
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Get the plantains rice and pork. Does it get more authentic than that. I will be back. I just wish the place was bigger and had more seating.

1  Thank Vdubfixer
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I haven't been to Sofrito Mama in about 3 months but it's still a great place to eat for authentic food from Puerto Rico.The food is awesome and the price is right and seating is limited,try it you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Robert R