“A pleasant surprise”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We found this place by researching brew pubs and was very pleasantly surprised. We found they had a happy hour menu for food and drink so we ordered from that.
The food while not big portions, was outstanding! The beer sampler I got had many great beers and ones I doubt I will ever see anywhere else. We peeked at a dinner menu and found many items sounded like dishes we would love to try.
Service was very good and the place was crowded. Prices were a bit high but overall, we loved it and will come back again.

Visited September 2012

Sarasota, Florida
“My new favorite!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Excellent food. Outstanding service. Delicious drinks. Great happy hour! I can't say enough good things about this place.

Kennebunkport, Maine
“OMG!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I am over 40and way too old to be using "OMG", but it perfectly summarizes the meal I just had at Darwin's. Two of us shared the lobster tacos, the pork tacos, and the shrimp lettuce wraps. Next, we had the tuna/watermelon ceviche and the salmon ceviche. Every bite of every dish was over the top delicious... Quality ingredients prepared in a creatively delicious way! The dragonberry mojito and a coconut mojito were made the right way with muddled fresh mint and lime. The chocolate "brulee" dessert - yum.

Unfortunately, our stomachs were too small to let us get past the appetizer/ceviche menu. So, our plan is to be back at Darwin's tomorrow night to continue exploring the menu. If tonight was any indication, we have found a new favorite restaurant in Sarasota.

Rick was our waiter and was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. I will ask for him when we go back.

• Visited August 2012
Venice, Florida
“Great food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Everything about this restaurant was top notch. Great atmosphere, great service. Knowledgeble bar staff and prompt, courteous service. We had the Oven Roasted Pork Tacos, Anticucho De Carne, and Lavender Honey Poached Pear with Goat Cheese Ice Cream. The dishes had layers of flavor and complexity but not so much that any one flavor outshone the others. The pepper caramel sauce on the pears was absolutely inspired. I loved getting the mix of pepper with sweet. Each dish had a really great balance and the beer pairings were amazing. I had an unrelated problem and the owner personally resolved it. Things are always great when everything goes according to plan, but how things are handled when things go wrong is the hallmark of true good service. Very pleased and will definitely recommend and return. Up and coming chef worth noting. Can't wait to continue sampling the menu.

• Visited July 2012
jacksonville, florida
“Try some great Peruvian food”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My friend lives in Sarasota and absolutely loves this restaurant. Now I see why. Several of us met to visit and dine. Yes, the place is a bit loud - I would not necessarily recommend it if you're trying for a quiet romantic evening. If you want some excellent, fresh, innovative food, then this is your place. I ended up with the quinoa appetizer and the beef kabob and was way more than full. Everything tastes so uniquely flavorful. Definitely worth visit.

• Visited August 2012