“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Hands down best sushi restaurant ever. A friend and I went out for dinner the other night and we had some sushi, best sushi I've ever had and I'll be sure to come back. The atmosphere to the restaurant is beautiful it really fits. Plus the service is incredible, they really do pay attention to your needs and do things your way for you. Five star restaurant in my book.

1  Thank Lolagunten
There are newer reviews for Tsunami Sushi & Hibachi Grill

Reviewed August 20, 2014

...and we found it. My husband and I are from New York, and we were in the mood for some good sushi. We tried this restaurant on a friend's suggestion and just loved it. The menu is varied and has plenty from which to select. We had a fabulous tuna tartar "martini" which was incredible, served with fried wontons. I can't wait to have that again. The sushi rolls we had were innovative and delicious. I would recommend this restaurant without reservation. The service was friendly and attentive and the surroundings very pleasant.

1  Thank Anne S
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Contrary to the name of the restaurant, they do not have hibachi grills. The food was so so but more like stir fry. A little false advertising in my opinion. The service was horrible. One server and she felt cleaning a table was more important then waiting on newly seated customer. Don't waste your time or money. On top of all of that the neighborhood was not the safest.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Tsunami Sushi and Hibachi is by far the best sushi I have had in Sarasota. Sushi is one of my favorite foods and I eat it regularly. I have tried Drunken Poet, Ichiban, and Yume and none of which can hold a candle to Tsunami! I eat here multiple times a week now! The quality of the fish is always fresh! It actually tastes like the fish you order not just different textures rolled in rice. Not only is the food amazing, but the ambiance is fresh and modern! If that still doesn't have you convinced-- the staff is incredible! Jeffrey and Edwin are my favorite servers always willing to completely accommodate me! I am always greeted with gusto by the new owner Sam right as I walk in. And the executive sushi chef is an artist! This place is amazing: food, ambiance and staff! Tsunami Sushi and Hibachi is a perfectly well-rounded dining experience making it a must if you are dining in Sarasota!

1  Thank Mj P
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Delicious isn't enough to describe
Love this restaurant !!!
Freshly delicious sushi and sashimi
Creative rolls