“Sushi is always good.”

Tsunami Sushi & Hibachi Grill
Ranked #114 of 1,029 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Bradenton, Florida
“Sushi is always good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Second time here and sushi was very good. Speciality drinks made right (strong). Jeffery was very good server. My girlfriend had chicken teriyaki and that was just ok. Chicken was overlooked.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank B L

Cape Coral
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Among tall office building tucked away at street level is Tsunami. Portions were large and reasonably priced which is very surprising for downtown Sarasota. Staff was very efficient and polite. I will definitely return to this restuarant the next time I am in Sarasota.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank PGM4787YA
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Pretty Good Sushi, Fair Prices, Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My Friend and I stopped by this place for lunch and decided to sit outside since it wasn't too hot (it is starting to cool down a little plus that whole area is shaded by the Selby Library Building next door). We immediately noticed that there wasn't a whole lot of people in the restaurant or outside and that there weren't many staff around either but that usually doesn't bother us. We like the quiet and it was a Monday after all, so I didn't expect this place to be booming like other restaurants on Main Street or like Starbucks next door. It is off the beaten path for downtown dining however it's a quiet spot as a result of its location which is nice. Anywho, our waitress was very nice, very pleasant, my friend ordered the 'Pick Any Two Roll' lunch special that comes with a small ginger dressing salad and a cup of miso soup. I ordered the 'Pick Any Three Roll' lunch special that also comes with the same salad and soup but also an appetizer of specially fried chicken pieces with a spicy mayo dipping sauce.

Our Soups and Salads came out in a timely manner followed by my appetizer. Their miso soup was pretty good, better than at most places and the salad was fairly normal. The appetizer which was called the Chicken Tatsu-Age was very good, lightly fried chicken slivers with a wonderful spicy mayo dipping sauce-loved it! When our Sushi came I only had two rolls on my plate but since our waitress was a little scatterbrained she kind of left in a hurry and I just figured I'd eat it anyways as long as I'm not charged for the 'Pick Any Three Roll' lunch special. The sushi rolls were okay, nothing too amazing or special and they were certainly big. I got a Tampa Roll and a Shrimpura Roll (I would have also tried the Boston Roll had the waitress gotten my order correct) and they were both average. I think next time I'll try one of their specialty rolls given that those are typically more complex in their flavors and textures.

Although the waitress got my order wrong and she was a tad slow about halfway through our meal (as far as getting us more water) I have to be sympathetic because she admitted to us she was the only one there and she was not only juggling our one outside table but also a few inside so we were probably on her backburner. However I was not charged for the 'Pick Any Three Roll' lunch special, which I was thankful for, and she was very very kind. She also told me when I ordered the Chicken Tatsu-Age appetizer that that is her favorite and that she personally eats it a lot (only with ketchup) so I do have to give her credit because it was very good. It leads me to believe that some of the main dishes on the menu (that are traditionally Japanese) are probably better than their sushi selection.

I also saw a few people who looked like they were on their lunch breaks from work pick up food too so it would be ideal for someone who works downtown. Overall the sushi was not really comparable to The Drunken Poet but it's good for a quick bite to eat and very reasonably priced as well!

• Visited October 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Great sushi. Nice lunch specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The sushi lunch special is quite good with soup and salad. Nice size rolls and good amount of fish in the rolls. Service is good and because it is quiet food is fast. I have never been to dinner at this restaurant.

Visited August 2013
Sarasota
“Good sushi, fairly priced, good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Have had dinner here twice, and enjoyed both occasions. Extensive menu, including wide variety of Japanese dishes. Service was attentive and helpful. Excellent downtown location. Nice selection of drinks at happy hour. Not crowded, much to our surprise, given the reasonable prices.

Visited June 2013