“Wide range of vehicles”

Sarasota Classic Car Museum
Ranked #28 of 144 things to do in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: The SCCM has over 100 antique, classic, vintage, collectible and rare cars on display.
Reviewed December 3, 2012

A really great selection of vehicles maintained in superb condition.
Particularly like the Jaguars and MG's but many other fine examples!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

While spending a few days in Sarasota, we visited this museum. We were given a warm welcome and one of the guys (whose name I forget) came out and offered to show us around. This was really good because we had an older disabled cousin with us and to be given a tour was more economical on the wheelchair pushing distance.
The exhibits are well laid out and were well explained. I was particularly impressed because there are some British cars in there that I knew and used in my teen years. As an owner of an old MG, I was pleased to see a rare old MG model.
There are over 100 classic cars on display spanning more than 100 years, including John Lennon's Mercedes, Paul McCartney's Mini Cooper and the rare Muntz cars.
So if you have an hour or two to spare, visit the museum- I really recommend it!
Open daily 9am to 6pm Entry tickets at a reasonable charge.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband was a happy camper. He loves cars and said that there were a lot of cars in there he had never seen! A lot were concept cars that never made it to market. On top of that, lots of small weird cars used in commuting in the city, bikes, scooters, submarine, airplane, lots of arcade games. If you not too much into cars, probably wouldn't like it. But if you are interested in reading some of the weird history of different types of cars, stop here!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I think you have to be a car person to really appreciate what they have, I am NOT a car person. The old building is a bit dark and hot in the summer so it is not overly comfortable. There was not much to keep my interest but cars are also not my hobby.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I chose this stop on our trip because my boyfriend loves cars, especially Fords. He was very pleased with the car selection but wished he could get closer to them for a good photo op. The lady from NY that worked at the counter was so friendly and fun to talk to.