“Good Memories”

Sarasota Classic Car Museum
Ranked #27 of 148 things to do in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: The SCCM has over 100 antique, classic, vintage, collectible and rare cars on display.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

If you older than 40" this is the place for you. We enjoyed it, our teenagers survived. I'm glad we finally went, and I would go back again with a friend who like old cars like me.

1  Thank FloridaMrm3

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Given the choice of a tour guide or going it alone, we chose to go it alone. With the tour guide, expect your time at this attraction to at least double as the guide seemed to have a lot to say at each stop, which is fine if you like that sort of detail. Not that big of a place, but has a nice variety of classic and/or unique cars, some not seen elsewhere, like the 3 wheel car. Some non car displays are also included. Apparently, the place is also used to host some dinner events. Discount coupons are available on their website and in most Florida travel guides. Once done with the museum, adults might want to take a walk outside and around the corner of the building to a classic car sales dealer, where many old time beauties are actually for sale.

1  Thank roadtripmajik
Reviewed August 24, 2012

OK I admit I like attractions that have a lot of character, sort of the anti-Disney affect. And I really liked this attraction.
This museum is a labor of love begun the 1950's and is on its third car-loving owner. It's in a large building near the Ringling museum and the airport. I went on a weekday late-afternoon and pretty much had the place to myself (except for the guy who brought his talking parrot to see the cars. I'm not making it up). The lady who sold me my $9.85 ticket (there is a $1.00 coupon on their website) couldn't have been nicer and wanted to make sure I got the most out of the museum.
Cars and other transportation vehicles from every era await. They were lovingly displayed and described with the occasional piece just sort of stuck in the corner like it was waiting to be curated.
Along with the cars are various odds and ends, a scuba sub on a trailor that looked like an intrepid seagoing crackpot built in his garage, a collection of cameras, a display of gramaphones, a replica of the Titanic, etc. All which made this attraction twice as much fun to explore - if you like a little quirky character mixed with your nostalgia, go here.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have only been to this museum once and that was enough for me. Im not sure what the rates are for admission, but i don't think that it is worth the trip. It is a good place to go if you are into the classics, but you can see more and better cars by Taco Bell on Saturdays when they get together about twice a month.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Good exhibit showing plenty of rare and exotic cars.