“One of the Best!”

Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood.
Reserve with OpenTable
Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,148 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood, International, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Central and Main
Description: A local eatery with a passion for stunning seafood, creative cocktails, fine wine, and service with style. Duval's uses the freshest product the market has to offer, sourcing the finest ingredients from local fisherman and farmers. Duval's offers free patron shuttle service, food delivery, and $5 Happy Hour 7 days a week.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

It was my first visit to Duval's and what a great find! I can't praise it enough. They were very inviting and the waiter had the finesse needed to provide good service but to not overly attend. Then there was the food! What a fantastic surprise. The shrimp ceviche was brightly and perfectly seasoned and one of the best that I have ever had. My lettuce wrap entrée was phenomenal. It is clear that the chef has a real clear idea about how not to overthink his dishes but, instead, prepare light bright tastes that are spot on. Congratulations to one of Sarasota's best!

DuvalsNewWorldCafe, Owner at Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood., responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for kind review! Duval’s strives to serve exceptional food with sophisticated service to all our diners. I’m looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,468)

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Duval's was one of the restaurants participating in Savor Sarasota, with special 3 course lunches for $15.
I enjoyed their signature salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, cashew pieces, feta, and raspberry vinaigrette, and my friend said her gazpacho was very tasty. For my main course I had the fish tacos. The two were topped with a remoulade which was nice but not spicy enough for my taste. (the manager told me later that I should have requested some salsa on the side- which I will know to do next time). My friend liked her chicken po boy sandwich.
We both chose the key lime bar for dessert. It was rather like the pie but not so fluffy - maybe I would call it a tart. By whatever name, tasty. It was topped with toasted cocoanut, and an ample helping of whipped cream on the side.
This was our first time there. In addition to very good service, we both saw enough of interest on the regular menu to ensure that we will return.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are so glad you had a terrific dining experience and can’t wait to serve you again!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Our first experience at Duval's was so good that it may have tainted expectations the second time, but our meal for five people last Wednesday night was very disappointing. The first time, about a month ago, was a special meal -- the service was incredible, the food was delicious and the portions were ample. Last Wednesday night everything flipped around: the service was less than average, the food was uninspired and the portions were tiny... like a typical foo-foo gourmet presentation of a little food with a drizzle of some liquid around it. Several people at our table complained they were still hungry. Come on, Duval's, don't overthink the gourmet/continental thing and you'll build a loyal clientele. Otherwise you'll be another here today, gone tomorrow restaurant in Sarasota.

Our sincere apologies for your unsatisfactory dining experience. We hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Please contact me personally to arrange your next visit. Regards, Joshua Halbrucker, info@duvalsneworldcafe.com.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Duval's is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is always the best in town. The staff is so kind and professional.

1  Thank Anna812Chicago

Thank you for your wonderful review! We always want our customers to have a terrific dining experience and are more than happy to go out of way to deliver just that. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Went with a friend for lunch. Great service. very good food but a little spendy. Was real slow when we were there so it would be a good place for a business meeting.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re glad you enjoyed your dining experience and look forward to serving you again.