“Awesome waitress!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Duval's

Duval's
Reserve with OpenTable
Duval's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,026 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Bar, American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Central and Main
Description: A local eatery with a passion for stunning seafood, creative cocktails, fine wine, and service with style. Duval's uses the freshest product the market has to offer, sourcing the finest ingredients from local fisherman and farmers. Duval's offers free patron shuttle service, food delivery, and $5 Happy Hour 7 days a week.
“Awesome waitress!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I ate at Duval's last night, we sat outside with our dog Buck. To begin, we had stuffed mushrooms and a crab cake/calamari appetizer. We were just going to get the mushrooms, but our adorable waitress, Jessie, convinced us to get the combination appetizer too because we had never been to Duval's before and this appetizer showcases two foods. They were both so good. Jessie brought us a candle outside, and my wife just thought that was the cutest thing since she had been telling her that we were unexpectedly stuck with Buck on our date night. She brought Buck a bowl of water too! Our "fresh catch" entrees were amazing, and Jessie again blew us both away as she rattled off about 7 specials, and described each fish down to it's origin and each special topping option. We wanted her to sit down and eat with us. I tried to convince her to meet my son. We will be back, and Jessie will be our server, without a doubt. Wish they had beer on tap though. This place was an accidental find!

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Tom W

Palmetto, Florida
“Tasty options, great service...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Late'ish lunch stop using my Living Social Lunch Voucher. Comfortable, clean and pleasingly decorated. 2-top tables were a bit too cozy (close) for my taste, am not a fan of hearing external drama, etc. My meal was satisfying, Pellegrino $4, Cecila's Salad $2.50/sm portion, Eggplant Rollitini (appetizer) $8 and dessert, Lemon Chantilly Cake $8 (VERY generous portion, share with 2+ people). My only food comment is related to the appetizer which was in my opinion, heavy on the oregano and salt obliterating the heartiness of the tomato sauce and the subtle flavors of the eggplant. Waitstaff was attentive, pleasant. Both she and the hostess were unfamiliar with the use of the Living Social voucher and based on the # sold when I bought mine, they're going to need to get savvy with it. Nice spot...would go back to sample the Dinner fare.

• Visited November 2012
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“So Great We would go back again and again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This restaurant on 1425 Main St, Sarasota, FL is wonderful. Chef Duval really knows how to take the simple to delicious! The ambiance is classy, tastefull, simple and clean. Our server Jessie was intelligent, knowledgeable about all of the food and preparations and very, very friendly and helpful. We went with a party of four. This was our first time and we came to the restaurant with a Living Social coupon (one couple). Our meal from start to finish was great. I had the onion soup (a little spicy), Cecila's salad and a oyster poo boy. My husband had the fish and chips and the Cecila salad. Our friends had a steak poo boy and the catch of the day black grooper w/picante sauce. We ended the dinner with the bread pudding. It should not be called bread pudding it was more like cake pudding w/fresh whipped cream (the four us shared this desert). Our total bill for us without tip was $56.00 ( that included a glass of Savion Blanc for one, coffee, soup, salad, oyster poo boy, fish and chips and the desert). I do not know what our friends spent on the fish of day (black grooper and steak sandwich). I almost hate to recommend this restaurant because we will not be able to get a reservation in the future (just kidding). If you have not tried this place you must. Very reasonable, great service, atmosphere, and the food wonderful. Please ask for Jessie to serve you. You will not be dissappointed.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Linda W
Sarasota, Florida
“One of my favorite Sarasota Restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I actually like this restaurant a lot. I am not fond of downtown and traffic, but it is not as bad as I thought it could be. Had a nice dining experience. Friendly staff and management. A good recommendation on food and wine from the restaurant manager. Thank you! Interesting to find out that the Duval's even has an app to download to your phone to look at the menu, order your entire meal (great when on the go for a faster lunch or catch a movie), and request a check. Love it - great for us smartphone users. For an entree, I have been getting the fresh catch of the day - best I have had there. I was not fond of the Spring rolls, but did like the Eggplant Rollatini or crab cakes. The Shrimp PoBoy is a very good sandwich to try. For desserts, I like the bread pudding, but I had a daily special dessert that was to die for. For my husband, I like that they had a Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Menu. Next time, I want (must) to try their All you can eat Sunday brunch / buffet. :-) Comfortable for a couple or business (even a small business meeting), limited seating for large family gatherings... but, I am sure you can find out the best time for such an occasions. By yourself or with one person, I like to sit by the window and watch everyone outside on Main Street. With nicer weather approaching, outside dining will be on the list also. One of my favorite downtown Sarasota restaurants - it is new, not stuffy... nice thing about new is that it is CLEAN (clean bathrooms too). With the holidays coming up, I need to ask if they can do platters (hmmm... now I am hungry).

• Visited September 2012
“Good on Monday's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

They have Shrimp Po Boys on Monday for an excellent price and they are great. It is located right on Main Street so it is very easy to get to.

• Visited October 2012