“Pricey and mediocre!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I wouldn't rate this restaurant as a very good Mexican - Chicos and other chains are way better!
We went hoping for great things as it wasn't part of a chain but were very disappointed!
My wife had chicken fajitas and has had way better in TGIF and the Hard Rock Cafe - and they ain't great!
I had spicy shrimp served on guacamole and tortillas - the shrimp was ok but everything was just lukewarm! We've noticed a lot of places serve lukewarm food in Florida, so not sure if this is the "latest thing"??
Service was good and attentive, but it wasn't very busy so you'd expect that.
Sorry, but we won't be going back!
If you're looking for a good Mexican, then La Malinche isn't it!!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Everyone at La Malinche was very nice, however the restaurant was less than half full, yet service was agonizingly slow. We waited at least 15 minutes just for water refills alone. The food was good, but for $20-30 per plate, I was hoping to be a little more enthralled. We have plenty of equally good Mexican places at home that would serve the same exact (if not better) meal for $8.95. it was ok, but we definitely would prefer to spend the money elsewhere!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Near St Almands Circle, looking for a place to meet can across this lovely looking Mexican restaurant, we had lunch for 7 outside in the sunshine, food was lovely, I had a lovely enchilada washed down with lemonade.

Friendly staff and good service, would eat here again.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for dinner and it was really busy. They seemed to be short staffed but they acknowledged that and were very kind and personable. The portions were extremely generous! All the food was fresh. Nothing frozen. They also had gluten free menu items if that's something you are looking for in a restaurant.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The place looks and smell authentic. I was here on business by myself so I choose to sit at the bar. Service was disorganized and slow. The hostess/manager was standing next to me for half of my dinner snacking on chips and salsa while I needed another beer. The queso fondido was gross, served with a 1 inch layer of grease on top. Their supposed world famous Aztec enchiladas were bland with no real flavor. If you want a place to stop for a cold draft of Pacifico and chips and salsa, I would recommend this place. Just be sure to speak up if you want a refill.

1  Thank S4378AKmichaelm