“One of the best upscale mexican meals ever”
Review of La Malinche - CLOSED

La Malinche
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I visited La Malinche in St. Armand's Circle near Sarasota. Our food was excellent and the service very good.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were spending a weekend here from Orlando and happened upon La Malinche. Wow what a unique menu with superb food and service. Gotta try the premium Margarita and chicken diablo. Absolutely magnificent.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We just returned from a vacation on Longboat Key and while on vacation we always look for a new restaurant to try. This was our first visit to this restaurand, and actually I think it might be relatively new. We were in the mood for Mexican so though we would give it a try. We went in for a late luch so it wasn't crowded. However, from appearances I suspected that it gets quite busy at night. Having no experience at this restaurant we were most pleasantly surprised buy the excellent food. The chef apparantly is from Mexico and she definitely knows how to prepare authentic Mexican dishes. My wife and I both had different meals and were both extremely pleased with presentation and taste. We didn't have time to go back on this trip but would have if we had had more time. We will also include it on our next visit. P.S. You have to request chips because they do not bring them automatically and there is a charge for refills. Worth it but we were too ful to order more.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The food was expensive and overly sauced and the service was very slow which is surprising since it was us and another couple dining there. The decor and location are very nice.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

A frequent visitor to this area, and a frequent diner of Mexican food, I was disappointed in this restaurant. I expect to pay up for this area do to location and qualify of food, but sad that I did here. We arrived at happy hour and took advantage of the discounts, but it was still overpriced. Helpings were good; food taste was decent; and our server was attentive. I was very disappointed that they refused to provide a container for us to take some modest leftovers from my wife's plate.