“Wonderful beach vacation ay the Limetree Beach Resort - Lido Key”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sarasota
Limetree Beach Resort
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at the Limetree Beach Resort on Lido Key from August 2-9, 2014. We made our reservation through RCI as a timeshare exchange. We had a wonderful week and highly recommend this resort. The location is on beautiful Lido Key and the resort offered everything we needed for a great vacation - perfect location - pool and hot tub - beach just steps away. The staff was excellent and check-in and out was quick and simple.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Ken B

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Been going there for twenty years. If it weren't for the fact it is right on the beach I would consider finding another vacation rental. The place needs some major updating from some professionals. It could be cleaner upon check in and the bedding could be more comfortable. If it were not for the full time staff (who are exceptional) this might have been a bad experience.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Gulf are the quietest.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jim H
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

For 27 years Limetree has been our only family vacation spot. Excellent location, staff and facilities for a relaxing experience on the west coast of FL. Timeshare units provide full accommodations for families without being cost prohibited. Located right on the beach convenient to shopping & restaurants without all the noise of amusement parks. It is the best! Rick

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Rick I
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The Limetree Resort saved my husband and me from what would have been a very bad vacation experience. I am a true TripAdvisor user/follower. I will not book a hotel reservation before I read its reviews on this site. That being said, I made a 3-night reservation at a hotel on the beach in Lido Key based on TA reviews. It was a clear mistake--the first time this has happened to me. On further investigation, there were some very negative reviews which I apparently didn't read. Pulling into this other property, I could have cried. It was definitely not what I wanted for my vacation hotel--very old outdated, rusty,etc .It looked nothing like its web photos. My husband went next door (The Limetree) and lucky for us, they had a 3 night room/condo available. We were able to get out of our reservation at said unacceptable place, and we moved into the Limetree. What a beautiful place! The Limetree is a resort property in which each of the condos is owned by individuals. The units rent for the week (Saturday-Saturday), so we were fortunate to have one available Wed-Sat. I have nothing negative to say about the Limetree. The employees were so nice and accommodating. I noticed a TA review stating that the man who pulls out the beach chairs was rude, however, that man isn't employed by the Limetree. He is a business person who rents beach chairs and umbrellas to anyone (not just Limetree guests) who wants one. The grounds were beautifully manicured, the pool was great, and our condo was beautifully furnished. We had a great view of the pool and beach/Gulf from our balcony. The lawn chairs looked new-so different from the place next door. The resort is built in a "U" shape, and inside, along with the pool and tables, there's a gathering place for people to visit/mingle. Cooking grills are available. This is a great place for families.. We loved the Limetree Resort and will definitely stay there again when we're in Sarasota.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jhawksherry
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have been coming to the limetree for years now and it never disappoints. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the place is really well run. Units are very good. The location is brilliant . It is right on the beach and you can walk to st armands circle for eats or an ice cream. There are bikes, tennis and shuffleboard leisure activities.
Highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Memaga
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had a week at the resort in one of the central court apartments. The room had a magnificent sea view. The apartment itself was well equipped although furniture was slightly dated. Staff were great and facilities were good. They have a free self service & drying facility, small gym, and a nice swimming pool . You can walk directly on to the beach and the sea turtles lay their eggs there. We also saw manatee further along the beach. The beach itself is relatively small, however wasn't over crowded. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sd1969
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Recently returned from our first stay at Limetree Beach Resort and was very pleased with everything. The management, housekeeping and grounds staff do a wonderful job keeping this resort pristine. When we first arrived we had trouble with our key not working like it should and once we reported it to management they sent someone immediately to correct it. He replaced it with a brand new lock cylinder and never had any trouble afterwards. We have been coming to Lido Beach for about 6 years or so and had stayed at several places but have now found our perfect place on the Key. We were pleased how meticulously the resort is maintained. It was extremely quiet especially during the night which is a BIG plus! Our unit was very nice, clean, spacious and fully equipped for the week. There is even a small safe for your valuables. Actually, not having daily maid service was great because we could sleep as late as we wanted without having the worry to be out of the room by a certain time frame. I highly recommend this resort and plan to return next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple