“Nice way to start your Day”
Review of The Original Egg

The Original Egg
Ranked #2 of 38 Coffee & Tea in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Nice choice to start your day! A very clean place with friendly staff and an abundance of breakfast and lunch choices. My wife and I both had breakfast dishes, I had the "Broken Egg Breakfast" which included 2 Farm Fresh Eggs your way; Choose Applewood Smoked Bacon, Sausage or Ham; Cheesy Potato Casserole, *Potato Medley, Fruit or Grilled Tomatoes & Toast and my wife had the "Go Greek" Omlette - Fresh Spinach, Vine Ripe Tomatoes, Black Olives & Feta Cheese . We both enjoyed our dishes! No issues here!,,,,,, I'd go back again.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have been a frequent visitor to the Broken Egg on Clark Rd. There is nothing about this restaurant that I could say that is negative, except, in season during some hours there is a line. No matter what we have ever ordered eggs, pancakes (order 2, eat 1 and take the other home for breakfast tomorrow), French toast, sandwiches everything made the way you order it with terrific servers, very attentive and most patient. Just a great place for breakfast or lunch and no one rushes you...If you live in the area and have not been there you have not done yourself a favor especially if you enjoy eating out.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Get the sheepherder breakfast at the Broken Egg. A great breakfast at a good price. Friendly service and prompt service.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Talk about busy! WOW.... this place is a gold mine, and so worth it! While vacationing on Siesta Key we came here for breakfast one morning. It's worth the 30 minute wait. The menu was so interesting, unlike other breakfast menus that you typically see. The staff was so friendly and helpful as well. The cheesy potatoes were to die for! They also served the largest most delicious pancake I have ever had in my life. You can share one pancake with at least 3 people! If you are planning a trip to Siesta key then this place is a must! You will love it.........

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had four in our group and everyone was satisfied with there meals. It is a little on the pricey side, but what isn't in Sarasota. The staff was friendly and on top of things, didn't have to wait long on the food, and the resturant was clean. I would go back here to eat.