“Third visit”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Links Ave
Description: Eat Here offers chef-driven, American artisan cookery. An emphasis on local product and fresh Gulf seafood served in presentations suitable for sharing and tasting. A casual neighborhood place, with a community table, featuring craft beers and wines. The rooftop bar, overlooking the fountain courtyard and the city of Sarasota, features specialty cocktails, classic martinis, charcuterie, and live music.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I love the drinks, the salad and my lobster tacos. I tasted my partners Not your Mothers pot roast and found it tasty but too salty. He loved it. Service a tad slow. Nice dining outdoors as I find the inside room cramped and not attractive. I hope they don't let their standards slide.

1  Thank photokap
There are newer reviews for Eat Here

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have to say that I was not impressed. Not with the food and certainly not with the wait staff. We were rushed into ordering and rushed throughout our meal. I think turning tables over is more important than patrons.

1  Thank ElBee821
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I went to Eat Here as part of a business dinner. I thought the menu was just the right size. Not one of those places where it takes 20 minutes to get read all the items. The menu choices were all very appealing. They seem to be advocates of sustainable fishing, which is always a plus too. For my appetizer I had the bruschetta, which was really good. My meal was smoked salmon and crème fraiche pizza. Something I've never had before but I would order again. The dessert was probably the best part of the meal. I don't remember what it was called, but it was a small chocolate truffle dish, kind of like a mousse but not quite (I don't like mousse). It was topped with sea salt which made it that much better. What an amazing dessert! Just the right size. No one in our party had a bad meal and I had tastes of a few other items. I would definitely recommend eating here.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Outstanding and different food/drinks! Fun upstairs bar, seating, live music and great drinks! Friendly staff and a great place to hang out after dinner. Parking garage attached which makes it very convenient! Try the caramel corn at the bar, has bacon in it and is out of this world!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

What a stroke of luck for a teacher to walk in and see "Free pizza and beer for teachers" on the blackboard! The pizza is not the typical Italian type, but rather a "gourmet" version (sorry to have to use an overused term). My two dinner-mates had tacos - one fish, one beef - both excellent.

The atmosphere is fun, service was quite good.