“Breath of Fresh Air”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Links Ave
Description: Eat Here offers chef-driven, American artisan cookery. An emphasis on local product and fresh Gulf seafood served in presentations suitable for sharing and tasting. A casual neighborhood place, with a community table, featuring craft beers and wines. The rooftop bar, overlooking the fountain courtyard and the city of Sarasota, features specialty cocktails, classic martinis, charcuterie, and live music.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Easily one of my favorite contemporary eating places in Sarasota area. I'm picky (call me a foodie) about where and what I eat and this unique place satisfies my fussy palate. You don't have to be a foodie top enjoy it. They have good friendly competent service. My desire for interesting varied dishes, and have fun/relax has been achieved every time at Eat Here! Their wine list is affordable and has excellent choices. When I've gone here I've taken 4 or 6 people with me and we're all treated well and no one was disappointed. The fact that this bistro-styled place (2 others owned in Siesta-Key area) opened only since January is surprise as the staff has it quite together. The place fills up fast so either make reservations well in advance or get there when they open (5 pm) but before 6pm or be prepared to wait. However, if you have to wait, the bar area has ample seating, tasty wines and mixed drinks, and service is great.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

In town for the Sarasota Filmfest. We saw a movie in the early afternoon which let out earlier than this place opened. Like almost an hour earlier...
Well the short of it is they let us in and made us comfortable on the upstairs veranda. We enjoyed wonderful cocktails and apple cider until five, when their kitchen was ready for us, then ordered up a couple of individual veggie pizzas, tow of us had their to die for lobster tacos, and one tried this oh so Gucci Cesar salad with diced up Cale in it. While sounding a bit too hip for me I did eat hall of it, it was tasty.
The wait staff were very sweet, all considered it was a very nice experience.
You gotta love a place that is fine with letting you in and serving you drinks while they're getting the place ready to open, it's like we belonged there...
Ciao for now, salida1048

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Most interesting about this restaurant is that in has unique preparations of basic meals and also some non-traditional ideas as well. Also, if you read the menu carefully there are some pretty funny descriptions for several of the dishes. We have been there four times now and have not been disappointed. Our only criticism is that while the food is very good it does not measure up to the expectation conveyed in the description.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Eat Here is our go-to place for the best contemporary comfort food you can find. EVERYTHING is wonderful and it works whether it's just two of us out for a light bite or with a gang of friends. We love bringing friends to Eat Here because their small plates and vastly varied menu make ordering everything and sharing a wonderful way to experience culinary excellence. The service is top-notch and the manager Dale is the best -- he remembers his customers, even their taste in wine -- and always tries to accommodate us. This is our neighborhood restaurant (a block away from our condo) but we would trek to it even if we had to drive. We consider ourselves lucky to have Eat Here in our backyard.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had gone to another restaurant without a reservation and this place was recommended to us by another patron. And were we impressed! The food and atmosphere were great! Loved the band, too. Twinkle and Co. was their name, I believe. Order the pate and the grilled cheese appetizers. The wine list and menu is affordable, eclectic and full of things you will want to try. We dined upstairs (which was recommended) and we thoroughly enjoyed it.