“Worth the wait”

Toasted Mango
Ranked #20 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast and lunch cafe.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Went here twice for lunch. Once was with all adults, second time with kids. Both times the food and service were excellent. The blackened chicken mango salad was very good; and the kids enjoyed pancakes. One of the adults tried the clam chowder; also good.

The owners are ex-Blue Dolphin employees. My sense is that they established this place with the objective of starting a better/lunch spot than their ex-employer. They succeeded.

As other reviewers have pointed out, the place is very popular and crowded, and the parking lot is small. In our family visit with 5 people, the owner pointed out that we could have reserved a table and avoided (or at least minimized) a 30 minute wait.

Thank MattS.24

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband loves corned beef hash so when we saw the reviews had to try it. We did not have any of the problems others have mentioned about the service, it was quick and the server was pleasant. The hash was as good as others have said and the eggs were done well.

Very good breakfast.

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed right down the road and heard how great the breakfast was at the Toasted Mango. It was incredibly busy but we got seated right away outside. The staff was helpful enough except for one waitress.
There were 3 of us and my husband and daughters food was brought right out with me being told that mine would be out shortly after. 20 mins, 2 complaints, and with my family all being do eating I finally got my food. This is why I can't give five stars but the food was absolutely delicious and they did a nice job of service recovery. I would go back again

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The wait was really long and we were pressed for time so we got our food to go. While we were waiting for our food, we noticed that the line went really fast so the turnover is quite impressive. Don't be intimidated if there is a long waiting list, in other words, if you have time. I got the crab salad sandwich with fries and it was good. I'm not sure it was $10 good but I enjoyed the sandwich and the fries were better than average. My brother got this turkey-mango wrap and he thought it was good. The only problem was that since we were in a hurry, we just grabbed our food and left and afterwards, realized that his mango sauce wasn't in the bag. Sort of our fault for not checking everything before we left. The homemade chips were good.

I think the experience of eating in the restaurant would have maybe been worth the higher prices. My recommendation is to go when you have time and can sit and hang. It is that type of place.

Good place overall.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

we ate brunch here after the Sarasota half marathon. despite being a very busy day service was excellent. The food was delicious! mango mimosa's are fantastic...going back just for another one.

definitely recommend!