“Would have been five stars but...”
Review of Toasted Mango

Toasted Mango
Ranked #20 of 1,038 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast and lunch cafe.
maryland
“Would have been five stars but...”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed right down the road and heard how great the breakfast was at the Toasted Mango. It was incredibly busy but we got seated right away outside. The staff was helpful enough except for one waitress.
There were 3 of us and my husband and daughters food was brought right out with me being told that mine would be out shortly after. 20 mins, 2 complaints, and with my family all being do eating I finally got my food. This is why I can't give five stars but the food was absolutely delicious and they did a nice job of service recovery. I would go back again

Texas, USA
“Not bad but a bit overpriced”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The wait was really long and we were pressed for time so we got our food to go. While we were waiting for our food, we noticed that the line went really fast so the turnover is quite impressive. Don't be intimidated if there is a long waiting list, in other words, if you have time. I got the crab salad sandwich with fries and it was good. I'm not sure it was $10 good but I enjoyed the sandwich and the fries were better than average. My brother got this turkey-mango wrap and he thought it was good. The only problem was that since we were in a hurry, we just grabbed our food and left and afterwards, realized that his mango sauce wasn't in the bag. Sort of our fault for not checking everything before we left. The homemade chips were good.

I think the experience of eating in the restaurant would have maybe been worth the higher prices. My recommendation is to go when you have time and can sit and hang. It is that type of place.

Good place overall.

oakville, ontario
“delicious fun experience”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

we ate brunch here after the Sarasota half marathon. despite being a very busy day service was excellent. The food was delicious! mango mimosa's are fantastic...going back just for another one.

definitely recommend!

Winneconne, Wi
“Great Breakfast/Brunch”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Three of us from Wisconsin ate at the Toasted Mango twice while vacationing in Sarasota. We were more than pleased with the food and service. This café is very busy, but the waiting list is handled efficiently and the food is served very promptly. The three guys in the kitchen work very well together--with smiles on their faces!!

I had the scrambled egg sandwich both times which was served with a fruit dish with strawberries, melon, and grapes--all very fresh. The girls with me had the Belgian waffles and blackened chicken salad. The waffles were a light as a feather and the chicken salad was presented like a picture from a recipe book and tasted fantastic!!

We will return to this restaurant when we're in Sarasota again!!

cleveland, oh
“Lovely breakfast with friendly staff”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Wide choices for breakfast at this friendly, informal eatery. Clearly a popular and well-regarded restaurant that offers breakfast and lunch. Overall, a satisfying experience.

• Visited January 2014