“Close it down”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This place had an emergency shut down by health dept for roach and insect violations plus other things. It was reported TV station ch. 10

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Was in this despicable place for dinner on may 21st and here was my experience. Our under the influence of some kind of drug waitress Denise sat us and took our order. Never saw her again until she brought our cold lame food. We complained to her about the food being cold and she told us it cant be it just came out! And then went on to tell us that she really didn't care because she had not ben payed in 3 weeks . Wow I said that's our fault at that she gave us no more service till she brought the bill. I asked to speak to the owner and she replied he is either in jail or with his new girlfriend. We payed the bill and then noticed 4 cockroaches crawling on the table WOW I would not recommend a dog going there to eat.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Not the first time here, When food arrives ,within 15 sec the waitress asked if everything's ok, and never saw her till she saw we were finished, my fries we soaked in grease ,couldn't eat them ,her comment sorry, and never even asked or checked on us for refills .last time here, to many other places to eat

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We live near this Cafe Amalfi, and it is very convenient for us, and we like Italian food, but.....
Every time we go, the salad has a lot of brown, rotten lettuce. We even told the owner, and he seemed surprised, and reached into the refrigerated dessert case (yes, the dessert case, yes, pre-made salads) where they keep the pre-made salads to show my husband they were fresh, and my husband pointed out all the brown lettuce.
And yet, we returned again. And again, yukky brown lettuce. Service was slow, and the food wasn't hot (maybe it was ready before it was brought to us?). The clincher was the cockroach crawling along the curtains that were resting on the windowsill and table--I am not talking about Florida palmetto bugs--I mean the dirty-kitchen kind of cockroaches. The menus are filthy, the table was sticky.
I really want to like this place, and have eaten there more times than I should have. And yet a TA expert endowed them with one of those stickers we get to share when a place excels....go figure. We aren't picky, but we won't be going
back....

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Second visit to this restaurant. Seating for over 90, there were 18 customers at lunch during the hour and a half we were there and 10 of those were in our group. Appeared to be only two employees. One waitress, and she had to be tracked down to place a drink refill order. Service was unbelievably slow. Waited over a half-hour for delivery of 10 basic sandwich orders. Food average and special lunch prices were a bargain, but not worth the wait and lack of concern. There is just too much competition for any restaurant, especially a local mini-chain like this to continue to exist.