“Superb Italian”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Tamiani Trail
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have been hearing great things about this restaurant for a couple of years. I had the opportunity to finally try it out last week.

Andrea's is in a small intimate setting. Service is warm, friendly and professional. The chef owner is totally hands on and extremely passionate about the quality of the ingredients he buys and the food he puts out. It was everything I had been told and then some. Starting with the house baked bread was excellent and was served with a nice tapenade. An amuse followed... spinach and gorgonzola balls lightly fried, just excellent! our waiter, Michael suggested and excellent French chardonnay. Bucattini pasta w black shaved truffle and then an incredible ravioli dish, you could read a newspaper through the ravioli. Don’t think I have ever had two better pasta dishes. The chef was nice enough to spend a bit of time with us. He is incredibly passionate about what he does. This place is about great ingredients, simply but brilliantly prepared. We will most definitely be back!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Wonderful food, great service; probably the best Italian restaurant in Sarasota. Small with about 10 tables with lots of personalized service. Each dish seems individually crafted. Even the bread is great (not usual for Sarasota) and comes with three toppings. The pasta is homemade with the ravioli and papardell (thick noodles) absolutely tops. I had it with short ribs in a sauce and it was tender and delicious. Even the desert is well made, if you manage to leave room for it. Well worth waiting for a reservation and worth spending a little more for it.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

After hearing so many wonderful kudos about this restaurant we decided to try it. We were so disappointed. We sat in the back room because we were a large group (9) that they could not accommodate in the main restaurant. It was very dreary, noisy and was in definite need of a decorator. The waitress did the best job possible, but forget getting a coke, club soda or tonic; NOT. Water and a very expensive wine list was all they offered. Out of the 9 different dinners and a few appetizers no one felt it was worth the $$$$$. Went to Carrabba's for Mothers day, fabulous!

1  Thank SarasotaRealtor
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Andrea has brought the Piedmont region of Northern Italy to
Sarasota in an intimate 10 table charming spot.
Beautifully, but simply appointed, once inside you would never know you are in a strip center across the street from the mall. You could easily be in Italy.
The experience starts with an amuse bouche.....tonight, deep fried rice balls. Crispy on the outside and moist and tender inside. The homemade Italian bread is accompanied by hummus, caponata, and herbed butter.
The menu choices are varied, with many nightly specials.
My wife had a very creative and delicious beef carpachio three ways. One with truffles and parmagean, one with avacado and sprouts, and the third with aragula and a mustard aioli. The presentations are fabulous. I started with the pork belly.........melts in your mouth. Did not care for it served over beans, but it was a nice presentation.
For the main, my wife had the veal milanese. Perfectly prepared, and topped with the freshest arugula and tomatoes. I understand Andrea goes to Cortez for fresh fish daily, and to Plant City daily for the fruits and vegetables.
My main was the paparadelli with short ribs. cut with a fork tender, and in a delicious sauce. You can tell the pasta was prepared fresh.
Our sicilian server, Angelo did a great job all around. The whole experience was great and professional.
Prior to going to Andrea, we thought Bologna was the best high-end Italian restaurant in Sarasota. Both are top notch, both special in their own regional specialties, and both ensure the freshest ingredients prepared perfectly, and presented creatively.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

This is one of the best restaurants I've been to in the area.

Everything was excellent from the fresh bread to the Tiramisu (a must have). It is small so a reservation is required. The service is very personalized and friendly. The only alcohol served is beer and wine but the wine list is extensive... great Italian wines. The food is phenomenal! Must try all of the different spreads for your bread and I highly recommend trying any of the stuffed pastas since they are made on site. Last time I had fig/walnut/blue cheese stuffed ravioli in a basil sauce. It was outstanding! Like I mentioned earlier, try the tiramisu... it is excellent.

We have actually been there a couple of times and we have never been disappointed. Definitely worth the money!