“Fantastic all the way around !”
Review of Indigenous

Indigenous
Ranked #28 of 1,038 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beautiful remodeled old Florida cracker cottages, with an amazing outdoor seating area.
Sarasota, Florida
“Fantastic all the way around !”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I went here for an impromptu anniversary dinner - we did not have a reservation but they were able to seat us because it was a rainy night . We sat outside on the porch and it was so nice to watch the rain coming down while we were eating . The restaurant is in a renovated old cracker house and it is really nice , inside and out . I had the mushroom bisque which was fantastic - my favorite soup ever - and my husband had the pickled shrimp - very fresh and comes with a pickled corn salad that has a great vinegar bite to it . The entrée I picked was braised short ribs with an apple horseradish potato salad - the meat was really tender and the potato salad was unlike any I have had before , delicious ! My husband had one of the specials - it was fish which I generally do not care for - but he said it was fantastic and finished it all so it must have been good ! We shared the beet and goat cheese ice cream for dessert - it was unusual but actually quite tasty . I had to try it after hearing so much about it . The service was good - friendly but not overly intrusive . The menu is small - look at the website - but everything that we had was delicious . It is a bit pricey perhaps but worth it !

• Visited June 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Just an ok place with ok food”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I went here without a reservation. As I never make them. Sat at the bar and they only serve beer and wine. I wanted a martini. Ordered a burger. Was just ok. Not sure what the fuss over this place is. Not working for me.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank DrtimothyCarroll
Sarasota, Florida
“Great food great service”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am a local and I have been wanting to try this place since all my friends have been going on about it. I took my father there for his birthday and and we were all blown away and since one of our party is a vegetarian I was happy to see a daily special vegetarian special. I will be going back soon. Pura Vida

• Visited June 2013
Louisville, KY.
“Wonderful”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Wow, the cobia was the best fish I have ever had. The waiter could not have been better. This place is the best in Sarasota. You have to try the beet, goat cheese ice cream. You won't believe it! The favors the chef puts into his art is just to die for. You have got to give this place a try!

Visited June 2013
Portland, Maine
“Eclectic bungalow of amazing food and service”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a hidden gem and I've already been twice in one week because I couldn't get enough! Perfect atmosphere and some of the very finest food in Sarasota! Shrimp dish was amazing and the burger is the best I've ever had anywhere. Can't wait to come back!!!

Visited May 2013