“I hate to share this secret, but this is a great place”

Simon's Coffee House
Ranked #77 of 1,078 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Family run local business. Creative dining with six soups each day and many daily specials. We have vegan and vegetarian dishes and include many great meat dishes too. Our meats are roasted in house and we make our salad dressings . We have vegetables delivered daily and make many healthy juices, smoothies and now have kombucha on draft
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is one of those places that is so good, I almost hesitate telling people about it because it's already way too busy. The owners, Simon and Michelle, are friendly as are most of the servers (they tend to have an offbeat, kind of goth vibe), but it's the food that's the star.

Always fresh and with innovative specials, this is the kind of place that will satisfy the pickiest eater.

From the green health smoothie crowd that only eats vegan or raw to the gourmet that doesn't care about health or calories as long as the food is fantastic, this place will make everyone happy.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were given a gift card to Simon's some time ago. We are new to the area and just never got a chance to use it. One day, we decided to have lunch there. We ordered, had a nice lunch and the food is quite good, however, when we went to pay, we presented the gift card and they said they had stopped using them and it was not good any longer. I asked to speak to the manager...same story. We went ahead and paid and I contacted them by phone the next day and the following day, explaining why I was calling, and never got a call back. It was only $20, but this type of business practice does not speak well for possible others areas this attitude might creap in...like in the kitchen and food sources. Needless to say, we will never go back and they have bought a lot of BAD advertising by saving themselves $20.

3  Thank Gary B
Simon K, Owner at Simon's Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Firstly we apologize for not responding to your phone call, we were not aware that you had called. Our new system has been in place for over three years and we posted this in our restaurant and through emails to our customers that we would honor the old cards for up to one year and then they would become void. I am sorry it took you a length of time before you did use the gift card! We understand and would like it very much if you would come by again and make yourself known to an owner and we could honor your meal. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and also for the other positive comments regarding the food.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I met my son here for a breakfast meeting around 9:30. There was plenty of parking. Tables outside are on the sidewalk, so the view is of the parking lot and US 41. We ate inside.

We were impressed with the "fresh pressed juice" and coffee bar choices. I had the Cell Rejunivator (Parlsey, cucumber, celery, and apple $4.50) and the Greek omlette with a sausage patty and he had a crepe with turkey, bacon, avacado and swiss with a sauce over it and a coffee with extra shot of expresso. The service was quick. Breakfast was very tasty and we will come back. Price was very reasonable.

The only negative is that they need to clean/pressure wash the sidewalk, especially where you enter the restaurant, but inside it is very clean. I alaways pay attention to first impression and entry into a business. Otherwise, excellent place for breakfast/lunch!

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The veggie burger is the only thing I have had here (several times). Everything is fresh. They have a lot of sandwiches that look good as well.

1  Thank singingintherain123
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is my favorite lunch spot. Fresh, local, organic...they have it all. Love the space. Simon is always a treat to see and gets to know his customers. Servers are awesome and friendly. Breakfast is sooo good, too.