“Pricey, Nice & Attitude” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sun N Fun Resort and Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sarasota
Sun N Fun Resort and Campground
You added Sun N Fun Resort and Campground to your Saves list
7125 Fruitville Road, Sarasota, FL 34240   |
Valrico, Florida, United States
“Pricey, Nice & Attitude”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We have camped there multiple times ~ frequently on holiday weekends as they have had some good deals in the past. They went from being a nice, rather quaint campground at a decent price to a busy, family friendly campground but a bit more $$ to tons of activities, fancy facilities and a bit of an attitude if you happen to wander into a building you didn't pay to have access to. They also want you to wear a stupid wrist band for pool access, etc. While hard to beat for families ~ so many kid friendly things to do and special events ~ for us older family groups ~ well, we just don't have the patience for "your $50 a night camping fee is for the 20 year old gym", not the new fancy one ~ that's an additional $6 PER DAY (seriously???) Call me crazy, but at $50 a night ~ shouldn't I be able to use the nicer, quieter facilities? Too many goofy rules, snotty attitudes, and pricey spaces have removed this campground from my "frequently used" list. I miss the old days and the old staff. Don't you hate it when some big corporation takes over "mom and pops"?

Room Tip: "king" or "queen" areas tend to have most convenient location.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Debbie C

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This RV destination is the best we have ever been to. We winter in Fl. Here. The variety of activities and facilities is unparalleled. We love it. We have been going for 10 years and love the surrounding area as well. Swimming and social is great. This is our community away from home. Thanks Sun N Fun

Room Tip: The best RV sites are nestled in between park models, not the premium locations..
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Ron B
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Yep, the traveling Tabak's are back at it again and this time we stayed at the Sun & Fun Resort in Sarasota. We headed down there for the long Memorial Day weekend and we weren't disappointed. First off, you cannot beat the location. Sun & Fun is about a mile east of I-75 and conveniently located to gas stations, grocery stores and other activities. We arrived on Friday afternoon and, I am not telling tales here, it only took us about 5 minutes to get checked in. Seriously, they asked for our last name, the number of people in the car and directed us to the escort area. We met up with our driver and he escorted us to the site and made sure everything was up to our liking. We set up camp and headed over to the front desk to grab a golf cart and check out the resort. All I can say is that they have got darn near everything here.

There is a huge lake for fishing and we even saw a couple of kayaks on the opposite side of the lake. The pool area is absolutely huge, and while it was crowded for the holiday weekend, we didn't have any trouble finding a shady spot to relax under. The pool is bigger than an Olympic size for the adults, the little kids had their own area with a zero entry, the mega slide was a huge hit and the Wibit was hilarious to watch. The Wibit is an inflatable obstacle course that floats on water in their indoor pool. The pool area also has a bar for the adults and a side bar for slushies, ice creams and such. Next to the mega slide is the bumper boats and inflatable hamster ball...and this was just the pool area!

Around the resort, they have bocce ball courts, tennis courts, horse shoe pits, mini golf, disc golf, a huge inflatable trampoline for the kids, volleyball courts, two dog parks, shuffleboard and probably the cleanest bath houses around. Now mind you, we've stayed at Disney's Ft. Wilderness and we thought those were the best, but this place is soooo much nicer. The shower area is separate from the bathroom stalls and the showers are HUGE! There is a changing area with a lockable door, three hooks and plenty of room to dry off. The shower is similar to a rain shower and has more than enough room to turn around without getting trapped in the shower curtain. The bath houses are cleaned regularly and I do mean cleaned and sanitized. They don't mess around about being clean. To be perfectly honest, I can't recall even seeing any trash laying around.

The resort lives up to it's name...Sun & Fun...and we will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Jeremy T
Hurlock, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Big RV resort , Olympic size pool and full bar , food , indoor pool , exercise equipment , area for kids and I mean big . Huge jumping pads for small children and older ones . Activities galore . Cannot say enough to describe this place reasonable prices . Friendly staff , escorts to site upon arrival . Been here 7 times and it's always improving in excellence each time . 15 mins to Siesta beach , rated number one beach in US. White sand beaches so soft to the toes . Great sunsets !

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Brenda2587
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed at Sun N Fun during Christmas Holidays 2013 with about 5 or 6 other families. Great facility and lots of fun. Pool was great, rental golf cart was fine. Lots of stuff for the kids to do. We stayed in one of their rental trailers, and the unit was fine. Our only complaints is the "Park Security" and their over the top enforcement of some of the little rules.

Room Tip: Some of the trailer units have a king bed, some have a queen. You don't know until you arrive.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank McGras_Family
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This place is a true resort. I use the term "campground" loosely. It is unlike any other place I've ever parked my Class C RV. Based on the reviews I read a couple months ago, I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay here or not, but I'm glad I did. I will tell you all the positive things first then the negative.
The outdoor swimming pool is to die for. The hot tubs and deck and the adjacent pool bar/restaurant is over the top and is so good. There is even an indoor olympic pool with the latest gym equipment, although, depending on the time of year, this may be extra cost and not included in the hightly rate.( I believe Jan-May it is included.) Children of all ages will love it as there are many activities (too many to even mention, but mini-golf is one) to keep them entertained, but again, some have an extra fee, but I found it to be reasonable. The water slide is a huge attraction but the hours are limited and costs $10 for each kid for the session it is open that day unless you buy a wristband.The grounds where you park your RV are very nice and spacious. Plenty of room, nice trees cover half the lot, open lots with few trees and plenty of sun cover the other half. If you have a 45 foot Class A or Fifth wheel, no problem. I believe there are over 1000 sites plus a few hundred of "permanent homes" and rentals . All the RV sites have electric, cable, wifi, water and sewer, included in your price. As usual, in every park I've ever stayed, the wifi is just so-so if a lot of your neighbors are using it. If you happen to be staying in the off-season, it is super fast. I've experienced both times, so I know. The park is very clean and kept up. Neighbors are very nice and this is a very social place. Activities are endless during the winter months. I believe they boast more than 150 activities, such as tennis, archery, volleyball, wood-working, stained glass classes. During the summer, due to the heat and because this is a "seasonal resort" activities dwindle and most people come to the pool. It is gated and I feel it is the safest campground I've ever stayed and don't worry about guarding anything I might leave on my concrete patio. It will be there when I return. Does this sound like paradise yet? Well, it kind of is. But now the negative.
The cost: This is not a budget place. If money is not a concern, then skip this negative. They tend to be filled during the winter months and appear to be doing well. I'm staying here several months and feel it is ok.
The office staff: The common consensus on these reviews are they are rude. They ARE rude. I don't know who they think they are, but they have an "holier than thou" attitude towards everyone. Seriously, it is bad. I hardly deal with them except to pay my monthly rent or when i want to ask them something, Both things, their only real job, they don't even do it right. The wrong credit card was charged and the hours they quoted me for the restaurant were wrong. Don't count on them and check your bill and what you sign very carefully.I have little respect for the people I have had dealings with here in the office.
Not enough sidewalks and the roads are small. This is a minor, really, because the place is huge overall, but I like to bike and walk, but cars are coming and going so you have to watch out. Walking a dog during the middle of the day is not pleasant and can even be dangerous. Go later in the evening and it is fine.
You can't bring food or drinks into the pool area. yes, they want you to buy from the bar. The prices at least are very reasonable.
You are not allowed to walk around after midnight. I've never been stopped, but it is in the handbook. No visitors after 11pm and they say you must be on your own site by midnight. What??? It is a very quiet place after 9pm and I guess that is a good thing. I just don't like them giving me a curfew.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank cwendeman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

It was small but adequate with friendly owners. It was about 20 min to the beach, and prob 90% of others down there were over 60. The pool, water slide, and other amenities came at an additional cost (not the bath house, where we did our showering due to a 30 gal water heater, and 8 of us). The cleaning lady did find a t shirt and sent it back to me at the rate of $22, I wasn't given an option on this. I still haven't received my remaining refund due to that being investigated, and it's been almost a month now, the mailing of the shirt was apparently the cleaning ladies doings, according to the owner. The owner contacted me several times prior to our arrival to work out details and was helpful to answer any questions. He and his wife were very friendly.
This is a one bedroom with a built on porch addition which has a daybed with trundle, and the couch folds out, also. Good bargain since we were only there enough to sleep. Quiet neighborhood. I'd stay again.

• Stayed April 2014